British Speedway Forum
tellboy

King's Lynn v Wolves 15/08/2019

23 minutes ago, AlexBrady said:

Interesting news via the EDP - Cook is appealing and therefore is free to ride tomorrow, so Grajczonek is now guesting for Lambert and Cook is free to ride until he’s had a hearing with the SCB! 

Oh goody, delay the ban and then what a shame misses the away meeting at Poole when it finally gets banned :) 

I hope all the people appealing get longer bans cos it's ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

1. Who said we are that good? 

2. Whatever you think of Cook (yawn) going into a meeting against the form team of the league without your top two is less than ideal.

3. Buster has form for a tactical postponement. 

Just don’t see it though with a healthy school holiday crowd in prospect. 

1. Team looks good to me, if it struggles something wrong with the management!!

2. You have enough strength in depth to cope imo, we have managed to cope without Brady on a few occasions.

3. I though Buster was all about integrity??! Obv not! 

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

2. You have enough strength in depth to cope imo, we have managed to cope without Brady on a few occasions.

We are pretty much strength in depth, but that wouldn't cover for your two top riders, like it wouldn't yours. 

8 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I though Buster was all about integrity??! Obv not! 

That is a very difficult word for some people to spell, let alone aspire to! Buster is a man of few words, as we know. Integrity - a Pointless answer if ever I asked 100 people which value to apply.

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh goody, delay the ban and then what a shame misses the away meeting at Poole when it finally gets banned :) 

I hope all the people appealing get longer bans cos it's ridiculous. 

Why would they get longer bans if they find there is no case to answer ?   

You cant predetermine any outcome.  Unless you of course know more than the rest of us.  Next people will be calling you M/s Shovelar:rofl:

Or if the ban is upheld they should increase it to 6 months.  Would that make you happy Lisa ?  ( to start Oct 1st)

Edited by semion
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, semion said:

Why would they get longer bans if they find there is no case to answer ?   

You cant predetermine any outcome.  Unless you of course know more than the rest of us.  Next people will be calling you M/s Shovelar:rofl:

Or if the ban is upheld they should increase it to 6 months.  Would that make you happy Lisa ?  ( to start Oct 1st)

That situation happened to a footballer. He appealed his ban, a hearing upheld it - and increased the ban. But then football is a REAL sport!!!!

4 minutes ago, gustix said:

That situation happened to a footballer. He appealed his ban, a hearing upheld it - and increased the ban. But then football is a REAL sport!!!!

That’s real World Gust,  let’s be serious here, we are talking Speedway.  

My further opinion in regard to the 'Cook ban': it should have been for a number of matches NOT between certain dates.

So if he losses the appeal, could miss the GP challenge 

Craig Cook, irrespective of this current ban/appeal, needs referring to an anger management course.

In the last few years an Italian guy called Romano Fernati riding in Moto1 (250cc world championship) was renowned for losing his temper. He got chucked out of a team a few years ago because of it, but then early last there was a track incident involving him at 120mph plus.  Going down a straight he grabbed hold of another riders front brake lever....aaaarrrrrgh.  The other rider stayed on but it could have been such a disaster at those speeds.  Upshot was Fernati was banned and sacked from the team.   During the winter he attended an anger management course and came back into the series at the start of this year - much to the concern of many.

What a changed person. Situations that would have kicked him off in previous years were handled well. Very noticeable the change in his persona.  Sunday just gone he won his first Moto1 world championship race for for about 5 years and everyone was very pleased. A talented rider was saved.... and no doubt a saving of injuries to fellow riders.

Cookie needs to do the same for his and others benefit.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, gustix said:

Football might be a real sport but there’s loads wrong with it and in terms of playing fair, finances and extortionate prices it’s definitely not a good example for other sports to follow.

• Like 2

Any official link to Craig Cook making an appeal or is it just wishful thinking?

As an aside (just for Semion:P) tis looking a bit black over Will's mothers:rofl:

Edited by Star Lady

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Any official link to Craig Cook making an appeal or is it just wishful thinking?

As an aside (just for Semion:P) tis looking a bit black over Will's mothers:rofl:

In the edp apparently?

10 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

There is a reason the team hasn’t won away this season (apart from the Elite Shield thingy at your place which doesn’t really count) and that’s because it’s not great. Probably down to Buster making his money go three ways as much as anything else. Anyway coping without one top rider rather than two is quite different, but now Cook is riding Id have gone with R/R as it worked well last week. 

I think you probably know the answer to your last sentence!