British Speedway Forum
tellboy

King's Lynn v Wolves 15/08/2019

30 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

One word for that tonight, AWFUL. I feel sorry for you Lynn fans having to watch that every week. I'm glad my one visit per season is done and dusted.

How was that awful ? 

11 minutes ago, whippy said:

How was that awful ? 

Was there any racing tonight, mostly FTG. As a neutral, not my idea of entertainment.

37 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Josh blew his number 1 engine in his first ride. Fair play, he attended the after meeting get together.

Lewis Kerr broke a primary and a rear chain.

Tofty broke a chain at the tapes in his first ride.

Riss tried a different engine in his first 2 rides, then went back to his usual engine.

Cookie sent his usual engine for a service because he didn't think he was riding tonight. 

Porsing looked dejected.

Cook, Kerr and TJ praised the track tonight.

Lynn looked like they wanted it more. And TJ was class tonight. Really fast.

Porsing has looked dejected for years   :cry:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

Porsing has looked dejected for years   :cry:

He wasn't in the pits from heat 8. Returned before HT 15. Theres something about him and British speedway, that don't go together. Not sure he will see the season out if i'm honest.

Ha Ha take that wolves.U ride a decent track and u get smashed 

1 minute ago, Debbs said:

Ha Ha take that wolves.U ride a decent track and u get smashed 

Was you there.

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Was you there.

Was doing the first aid.if I u  want your pulse checked give me a call

Whilst R/R would have been so much better for Lynn tonight i think they done the right thing by Grajczonek and keeping him as a guest.Remember at the time he was guesting for Cook and we had to have a guest.He was maybe the only one who would do it.Cook got the call late last night he was clear to ride.So would that have been very fair to Grajczonek if after making preparations to ride tonight to let him down last minute.It's hard enough to seemingly get guests nowadays without p!$$ing the ones off that will.So hats off to the promotion and JG  for turning up.

Anyway on the match,i can't believe how easy that was.We should have been their for the taking tonight but Wolves never really turned up.Expected a bit more from Douglas to be honest.I wanted him at Lynn when we knew Lambert was going to be replaced,lost count of his falls.Masters and Morris were poor also.Only Schlein and Thorrsell can come out with some credit.

For Lynn Porsing was poor.Was expecting a lot more from him when he signed on again for Lynn.

Josh blew his engine in his first and that was game over for him,he was well behind after that.Credit to him for the after meeting meeting.And a generous round of applause he got.

Kerr,Riss,Toft and Cookie all done their jobs and more.

TJ an excellent paid Max,best i have seen him gate consistently.

Overall the scoreline flattered Wolves,had it not been for the 4 E/Fs suffured by Lynn riders the scoreline would have been greater.

Unfortunately with Swindon winning at Ipswich tonight it looks like a top 4 place is out of reach for both Lynn and Wolves.

Edited by tellboy

To look at the league in 'real terms' by scoring as follows

Away wins greater than six points + 4

Away wins less than seven points + 3

Away draw + 2

Away loss by less than seven points + 1

Home win + 3

Home draw - 2

Home loss - 3

League table would be

Poole + 12

Ipswich  + 7

Belle Vue + 5

Swindon + 5

Kings Lynn + 1

Wolves - 1

Peterborough - 10

Therefore looks like Poole, Ipswich, Belle Vue and Swindon to make the play offs.

It was said before the meeting that Nik Poorthing had been practising at the AFA. Well it didn't do any good, he was dreadfull. Time to get rid of him again.

9 hours ago, DC2 said:

To be fair to Josh, he nearly cancelled out Nick Morris.  :)

To be fair,what's that mean you book a rider to score ponts, not to score nothing co,'s a rider in the other side didn't score a lot.

7 hours ago, KLFAN said:

To look at the league in 'real terms' by scoring as follows

Away wins greater than six points + 4

Away wins less than seven points + 3

Away draw + 2

Away loss by less than seven points + 1

Home win + 3

Home draw - 2

Home loss - 3

League table would be

Poole + 12

Ipswich  + 7

Belle Vue + 5

Swindon + 5

Kings Lynn + 1

Wolves - 1

Peterborough - 10

Therefore looks like Poole, Ipswich, Belle Vue and Swindon to make the play offs.

Stars need to win all their remaining matches, home and away, to stand any sort of chance. Unfortunately Swidon and BV both have an away match at Peterborough, do on current form both will pick up away wins there which will make it doubly difficult for us

Perhaps the Twitches can be caught?