British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
craigACE

Wolves v Peterborough 12/08/19

Was an Ok meeting, have seen much better. Thorsell & Masters were in a different league to the rest.

Enjoyed watching Wright & Howarth, interesting to see Becker's progress looked lightening when he gated.

Andersen was awful, he used to ride Monmore well. Porsing needn't have turned up, Tungate was awful. Nichollls slow.

2 hours ago, Lukas said:

Another awful guest choice..by Johnson..Porsing riding like a junior.

He is rubbish in England, can't even score at reserve for Lynn.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Col said:

Was an Ok meeting, have seen much better. Thorsell & Masters were in a different league to the rest.

Enjoyed watching Wright & Howarth, interesting to see Becker's progress looked lightening when he gated.

Andersen was awful, he used to ride Monmore well. Porsing needn't have turned up, Tungate was awful. Nichollls slow.

Nicholls kept missing the gate. Anderson no way is he race fit after his crash.  Masters going well at the moment

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But caused mostly by rider error. Tungate’s last ride summed it up.

You do talk through your backside.

• Like 1

As expected, easy and well deserved win for The Wolves. I just can’t connect with this track, I have tried. Think it’s all about what you are brought up on. Respect the Supporters that defend, and enjoy it. My preference will alway be full throttle racing. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

As expected, easy and well deserved win for The Wolves. I just can’t connect with this track, I have tried. Think it’s all about what you are brought up on. Respect the Supporters that defend, and enjoy it. My preference will alway be full throttle racing. 

As someone who does very much connect with the track and enjoys the racing usually provided, I'd just point out that anyone attempting full throttle racing on a 280 metre oval track is unlikely to be very successful.

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

Now there is a reasonable post. It's not what I am used to and not to my personal taste. Fair enough.

• Thanks 1

I would much rather watch Speedway at tracks other than Monmore but it does usually produce entertaining racing. It does need the visitors to have an iota how to ride it otherwise it's just hopeless. I remember seeing a Bradford team of Evitts, Smith, Thorpe, Doyle visit in the late 80s. I was praying for rain by heat 10 to put them out their misery.

Peter Karlsson was always a joy to watch.

12 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But caused mostly by rider error. Tungate’s last ride summed it up.

None caused by rider error....passing in most races.......im guessing you werent actually watching the racing

12 hours ago, Stoke Potter said:

How many of those passes down to the rider in front making a mistake/being caught out?  #tricktrack

Again .....none

Personally I have usually enjoyed the racing at Monmore, I believe it is important to have different types of tracks which need different skills to ride them . In recent times the racing hasn't been great but last night was partly due to the weather and partly due to a very poor Peterborough team and a Wolves team in top form. Hopefully Poole can give them more of a battle when we go there .

• Like 1

If people prefer full throttle racing then thats fair enough....but to downright talk utter tripe that the passes were down to rider error is just trolling for the sake of it

Wolves were up against the leagues poorest team and most predicted a thrashing........the torrential downpour before the meeting made the track very hard to ride and greasy.

The fact remains that despite the poor opposition and the track there was passing in many many races......not rider error

I get the fact its not everyones cup of tea...but a Poole and a Stoke fan moaning about another track lol

• Like 2

Great to see a group of Peterborough fans standing near the starting gate. They gave good humour back to Porky, the centre green announcer and reminded us of the positives of having a team to identify with and support.They might be bottom but are seventh !!! Hope to see them later in the season when the Supporters Cup 2nd leg is run.... probably after Swindon & Belle Vue have staged the final.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

None caused by rider error....passing in most races.......im guessing you werent actually watching the racing

Again .....none

Lol. Riders were wobbling around in virtually every heat. Tungates first to last in the course of twenty metres summing it up.  Are you seriously saying the three riders past him through skill and not because he messed it up?

It was dire ‘entertainment’. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol. Riders were wobbling around in virtually every heat. Tungates first to last in the course of twenty metres summing it up.  Are you seriously saying the three riders past him through skill and not because he messed it up?

It was dire ‘entertainment’. 

The lack of  'entertainment' as you call it was only because the track was greasy and the opposition was poor.

However im guessing you didnt watch the meeting at all.

Heat 3: Andersen and Morris.... 2 passes

Heat 4: Masters passed Douglas and Nicholls...and then Nicholls passed Douglas.....3 passes

Heat 5: Tungate and Morris .... 3 passes

Heat 7: Howarth and Wright .... 2 passes

Heat 8: Procter passed Summers...1 pass

Heat 9: Nicholls passed Schlein .....1 pass

Heat 11: Howarth passed Tungate ....and then Masters passed Tungate.... 2 passes

Heat 13: Masters passed Nicholls.... 1 pass

Heat 14: Morris passed Andersen.... 1 pass

16 passes in 15 heats.....and 6 heats only with no action

The only rider i saw wobbling was Porsing.......cant remember any others wobbling as you put it

The inside was grippy because of the rain that had arrived...once or twice riders hit the grip and went wide

Tungate in heat 13 madet the gate hit a bit of grip went wide and they all come up the inside of him...............nothing to do with him wobbling just simply picking up grip, happens in every meeting you see i would suggest, because it happened on the first bend against a high calibre of rider they all got up the inside

The meeting was pretty good seeing the weather and the opposition....................seems like your yet again the only person with a differing opinion

Edited by Gavan

Have seen plenty of inferior meetings to that on telly, including from Poole. Yes there were some errors which you’d expect on a tight track which had taken rain but there were genuine overtakes too. 

Not a classic but not bad either. 

• Like 3