British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
craigACE

Wolves v Peterborough 12/08/19

3 minutes ago, Stoke Potter said:

The World Champ states he'd struggle to get around it..!  #priceless

Yes terrible, he would never win any British titles there I guess. Oops :icon_smile_clown:

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You have what Buster is willing to afford. 

If panthers cant afford the likes of bellego  and other average riders they shouldn't be anywhere near premier league. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BWitcher said:

Heat 3 wasn't, Andersen passed Morris up the inside, Morris returned the compliment a lap later.

Heat 4 wasn't,  Nicholls chased and passed Douglas around the outside.

Heat 5 wasn't, Tungate passed Morris, Morris chased and returned the compliment.

Heat 7 wasn't, Wright passed Howarth around the outside.

Heat 9 wasn't, Nicholls passed Schlein around the outside

Heat 11 wasn't, Masters passed Tungate up the inside

Heat 13 wasn't, Masses passed Nicholls and passed around the outside.

So in answer to you and Shovlar NONE of them were due to 'rider error'. 

Might help if you actually watched rather than have a pre-conceived bias beforehand. 

For reference I was highly critical of the track earlier in the season.

It could have been a pass galore fest and the joker from stoke would still say it was a crap track. 

Nothing of value this poster can add on a Wolves meeting thread. 

The meeting sadly ruined by the downpour. I was looking forward myself to seeing how much the racing had improved after the plaudits of last week.

It was always going to be a bad choice of meeting to show anyway, despite the above average amount of passing.

2 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

It was always going to be a bad choice of meeting to show anyway, despite the above average amount of passing.

Agree with that.

Pretty terrible meeting I thought. So many of the riders seemed for some reason to not be in full control.

Score was one-sided. But there are many tales to tonights meeting. Proctors 2 mares. Then he got it together. The lad ruining his own start. Even the last heat what of course would have made no difference overall went against the Peterborough lads. They just need to stop having woeful lads like Porsing. Hope bikes dont pack up and that they get some much needed luck. I feel for them.

2 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Pretty terrible meeting I thought. So many of the riders seemed for some reason to not be in full control.

Some reason?? Did you see how wet and heavy the track was? Completely ruined it sadly.

I appreciate the track was wet, it was explained a 15 minute downpour an hour before the meeting did that, but it seemed exceptional tonight what was happening. I sure I seen meetings there before when it must have been wet.

For Wolves it’s good to see Howarth in good form in reserve. Never seems both him and Douglas both have a good match at the same time in reserve. 

Jacob was a near class act and Morris does appear to be coming into decent form.

Solid show.

Panthers have to thank Scott for being up to making a battle of it. Wright to a lesser extent.

Just now, stevebrum said:

Some reason?? Did you see how wet and heavy the track was? Completely ruined it sadly.

Whos doing the Wolves track now ? Plenty of grass growing on the outside coming out of turn 4. I half expected to see  buckets of potatos ready for planting. :P

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I agree. Does not defend Porsing. Me and you might as well have been on his bike. Totally out of his depth.

7 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I appreciate the track was wet, it was explained a 15 minute downpour an hour before the meeting did that, but it seemed exceptional tonight what was happening. I sure I seen meetings there before when it must have been wet.

Seemed plenty of dirt down, some riders just can't handle it these days.

Track was Poor the same as every Monday at Wolves 

if wolves make the playoffs you wont to go to monmore in the first leg on the way they went tonight