British Speedway Forum

19 hours ago, gustix said:

At one time early in my sports reporting era I was given the task of covering stadium cycle racing at Herne Hill Stadium in south London.

This was circuit cycle racing and much different to cycle road racing. The  races were over several laps and featured up to 20 riders sometimes. They were extremely competitive and action packed.

Used to do athletics there in the 60s, Camberwell Scouts events. 

On 9/25/2019 at 8:12 PM, gustix said:

At one time early in my sports reporting era I was given the task of covering stadium cycle racing at Herne Hill Stadium in south London.

This was circuit cycle racing and much different to cycle road racing. The  races were over several laps and featured up to 20 riders sometimes. They were extremely competitive and action packed.

Who gives a toss?

• Haha 1

England 45 USA 7

On 9/25/2019 at 11:12 AM, gustix said:

On 9/25/2019 at 11:16 AM, steve roberts said:

Yes I can certainly see the interest in watching cycling on an oval track where the action takes place right in front of you...but road cycling? Just don't see it personally.

7 hours ago, auntie doris said:

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

Who gives a Toss?

Answer Pinny: those who debated the merits of road cycle racing in comparison to circuit cycle racing, who read and understood the references relating to a stadium that featured circuit cycle racing - and revived their own memories of the stadium mentioned. 

1 hour ago, gustix said:

Answer Pinny: those who debated the merits of road cycle racing in comparison to circuit cycle racing, who read and understood the references relating to a stadium that featured circuit cycle racing - and revived their own memories of the stadium mentioned. 

Fair enough, but this is rugby thread, you can start a cycling one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, auntie doris said:

5 hours ago, gustix said:

4 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Fair enough, but this is rugby thread, you can start a cycling one.

...but you brought in scouts athletics auntie doris which subsequently generalised the subject under debate!

Edited by gustix

3 hours ago, Pinny said:

Will you just p**s off and snuff it? Can’t be far away now surely. You really are a tosser of the highest order. 

There’s no need to be so horrid, Pinny.

What a performance by Japan!!!Back in the studio Brian O'Driscoll looked like he wanted to be sick:o

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bluejam said:

What a performance by Japan!!!Back in the studio Brian O'Driscoll looked like he wanted to be sick:o

World number 1 were pummelled by the Jap scrum.

8 hours ago, auntie doris said:

World number 1 were pummelled by the Jap scrum.

Ireland were bloody awful!Did they suffer from "'all we need to do is turn up" syndrome like Fiji did against Uruguay?:unsure:

• Like 1

Well done Wales, despite a spirited fight back from the Aussies. Perhaps Kurtz and Holder should watch this.

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

Well done Wales, despite a spirited fight back from the Aussies. Perhaps Kurtz and Holder should watch this.

An epic game of rugby football!!!:t:

Straightforward win for England against 14 men Argies.

Not a rugby fan but thought I would give it a go this morning. What a dire, horrible sport. Just plain boring. Stop start, call back when the team has the ball. Can’t see the appeal.

Football is just a million times better ball sport imo.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not a rugby fan but thought I would give it a go this morning. What a dire, horrible sport. Just plain boring. Stop start, call back when the team has the ball. Can’t see the appeal.

Football is just a million times better ball sport imo.

Agreed it wasn’t a great game, but give it another TRY.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1