British Speedway Forum

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not a rugby fan but thought I would give it a go this morning. What a dire, horrible sport. Just plain boring. Stop start, call back when the team has the ball. Can’t see the appeal.

Football is just a million times better ball sport imo.

You should give American Football a try?

• Haha 1

Better than Rugby. But too many breaks. Went to New England v Tampa Bay a few years ago at Wembley. Left after the third quarter. 

• Like 1

Rugby is a brilliant sport !!!! 

absolute farce calling these couple of games off.... should be re arranged . 

On 10/5/2019 at 7:03 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Not a rugby fan but thought I would give it a go this morning. What a dire, horrible sport. Just plain boring. Stop start, call back when the team has the ball. Can’t see the appeal.

Hmmm ... just watching football, Czechs v England.

Absolute rubbish. Appalling finishing and amateurish defending from players who earn millions.

An abject and lacklustre performance from England, completely lacking in effort, energy and passion, and beaten by a Championship standard team.

Much prefer rugby.  :)

Not a rugby fan but thought I would give it a go this morning. What a dire, horrible sport. Just plain boring.

Rather like four men on motorcycles following each other round in a circle for about a minute!

If you not a fan why watch ? I'm not a fan of Bowls r snooker so I don't watch the ,simples  . 

By the way I've never been to a rugby match or watched one where they have to keep the supporters separated to stop them from fighting with each other 

30 minutes ago, DSC67 said:

If you not a fan why watch ? I'm not a fan of Bowls r snooker so I don't watch the ,simples  . 

By the way I've never been to a rugby match or watched one where they have to keep the supporters separated to stop them from fighting with each other 

One can be critical of many sports and personally I can't be bothered watching most sports but in my youth was an ardent participator. There are some people who will watch almost anything but each to their own.

Edited by steve roberts

4 hours ago, DSC67 said:

A few punch ups at Rugby League. Was on train full of Bath and Gloucester fans from Swindon to Bath, no problems. Train back Oxford United football fans causing trouble with Swindon based rugby fans.

great performance-AGAIN- by the Cherry Blossoms. justice done after the Scots whinging in lead up. First half they were as good as any team in the world. Will be a tough ask against the boks though.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

great performance-AGAIN- by the Cherry Blossoms. justice done after the Scots whinging in lead up. First half they were as good as any team in the world. Will be a tough ask against the boks though.

Two very good matches today.

Uruguay became my second favourite team for the sheer effort they put in against the Welsh.

And Japan showed the difference between Northern and Southern Hemisphere rugby (due to their Super Rugby pedigree): sublime handling skills.

Nevertheless, can’t see beyond NZ, SA, Eng & Wales for the last four, with any but SA winning it.

The Nips might shock the Boks.

On 10/6/2019 at 7:03 AM, Steve Shovlar said:

bit rich for a speedway fan to call rugby a "stop-start" sport, given you get around 15 minutes of "action" in a 90 minute meeting, vs around 40 minutes in an 80 minute game of rugby.

Surely you'd need a heart of stone not to have enjoyed the fantastic performance of the Japanese against the Scots.

• Like 3

On 10/5/2019 at 7:47 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Better than Rugby. But too many breaks. Went to New England v Tampa Bay a few years ago at Wembley. Left after the third quarter. 

Excellent match this morning.

Unbelievable commitment in the tackles, power in the collisions and blistering running. Fantastic.

Excellent win England, smashing the Aussies 40-16. Two tries for Swindon lad May.All Blacks in semis??!!

Bristol hammer Bath 43-16, over 26000 there!

Edited by auntie doris

should be a cracking semi final. surely whoever's wins that, will win the cup. England very impressive, the ABs perhaps even more so.

• Like 1