British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Even more impressive when your up against the TMO AND the touch judges ..Nigel Owens let down by his 'team' somewhat today but how fantastic were England could/should had been at least 26-7 and there try was a gift absolutely awesome 

TMO definitely got the obstruction right and probably got the lost forward right.

No complaints from me.

• Like 1

big day today on the beers ... come on Wales!!!!!!!!

Enjoying today’s match but blimey are there loads of errors compared to yesterday.

Poor basic skills from both teams.

22 hours ago, DC2 said:

TMO definitely got the obstruction right and probably got the lost forward right.

No complaints from me.

No the second was wrong s very poor and incorrect interpretation of lost forward 

2 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

No the second was wrong s very poor and incorrect interpretation of lost forward 

I assume you thought that at no point did the player behind (Jamie George?) lose grasp of the ball, whereas I thought he did and it was pushed back into his hand by the player in front.

• Like 1

absolutely gutted with that result and felt the South Africans were there for the taking. 

England have been the best team in this tournament by some distance and fully deserve to win it. 

Madness how England folded so badly for the final , genuinely thought they would walk that final today. 

South Africa have been brilliant since their first match defeat to the Kiwis , and fully deserved that win . 

Can’t help feeling that’s England’s best chance of winning the title for a long time now, after such a dominant performance last weekend. 

cracking interview at the end with kolosi as well. 

On 8/13/2019 at 6:46 AM, Pinny said:

South africa or the Aussies for me .

Wasn’t a bad prediction B)

England pummelled squeezed and strangled by the Springboks. Good young team, the Red Roses will be back. After hammering Aussies and All Blacks as well, should have won it. Well done South Africa.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Madness how England folded so badly for the final , genuinely thought they would walk that final today. 

South Africa have been brilliant since their first match defeat to the Kiwis , and fully deserved that win . 

Can’t help feeling that’s England’s best chance of winning the title for a long time now, after such a dominant performance last weekend. 

Madness?

No, just that South Africa were better on the day, especially their dominant scrum that gave them five penalties in England’s half.

That’s sport.

As for England’s future chances, we’ve got a young team with few impending retirees, unlike every other nation, and that gives a head start over the others.

England weren't even at the races, they should have just handed S. A the cup and not bothered with the match. They were that switched off!!! 

12 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Madness?

No, just that South Africa were better on the day, especially their dominant scrum that gave them five penalties in England’s half.

That’s sport.

As for England’s future chances, we’ve got a young team with few impending retirees, unlike every other nation, and that gives a head start over the others.

England absolutely demolished NZ and Aussie the two previous games then looked absolutely lost tonight. I’d say that was madness in all honesty. 

8 minutes ago, Pinny said:

England absolutely demolished NZ and Aussie the two previous games then looked absolutely lost tonight. I’d say that was madness in all honesty. 

You can never take anything for granted in sport.

Disappointing for us, but joy for a nation that needs it more than us.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:52 PM, DSC67 said:

The Abs are great at being World no 1 for 3 years and 48 weeks but it's the 4 weeks of the World Cup that matters if you want to be world champs . For years this was always a problem for them until the finally managed to regain the Webb Ellis trophy and they were regularly slaughtered back home in the media for their failure to win the cup . Personally I think The Boks will win it this year with England as dark horses 

Looks like I got that about right   :t: