British Speedway Forum

Terrific result . now all the bandwagon jumpers will have to find something else to pollute every waking moment ,

Excellent performance by the Boks today. Didn't allow England any room to play in much the same way that England stopped All Blacks.

Also showed weight not the all important statistic as they dominated up front but were lighter pack

• Like 1

14 hours ago, severnsider said:

Excellent performance by the Boks today. Didn't allow England any room to play in much the same way that England stopped All Blacks.

Also showed weight not the all important statistic as they dominated up front but were lighter pack

agree, drives me mental when they constantly talk about weight . 

a very enjoyable World Cup, roll on France 2023!

Too many errors, they were just beaten up by the Boks, who wanted it more.

11 hours ago, Pinny said:

agree, drives me mental when they constantly talk about weight . 

a very enjoyable World Cup, roll on France 2023!

Is that where the next rugby wolrd cup is ?

Oh yes 

or mais  oui as we say 

On 11/3/2019 at 8:24 AM, auntie doris said:

Too many errors, they were just beaten up by the Boks, who wanted it more.

This kind of comment always troubles me.....why would one team want it less than the other in a World Cup final? I’m sure England wanted it badly but were comprehensively outplayed, just like the All Blacks were in the semi. Their coach gave a robust reply when the desire of his team was questioned in the press conference afterwards. 

Edited by Bagpuss

4 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

Oh yes 

or mais  oui as we say 

'Excusez, are you a farmer?:D

England became the second country to lose three finals 91, 07, 19, with France 87, 99, 11. Australia lost 2, All Blacks 1. Springboks won all three, All Blacks three, Aussie 2, England 1.

Saracens docked 35 points and 5 million fine for breach of salary cap!

Edited by auntie doris
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2019 at 7:47 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Better than Rugby. But too many breaks. Went to New England v Tampa Bay a few years ago at Wembley. Left after the third quarter. 

Not surprised really. Tampa were crap and the Pat's were killing them. I only stayed to the end as NE are the wife's team.

Sarries points deduction has gone through with no appeal, hopefully going forward Premiership Rugby will release details for the fines/penalties.

Sarries can easily stay up and finish in the top 4 though with the points on offer if they win every game which is not beyond them. It will make the relegation fight another interesting one as Wasps and Leicester are down there so a "big club" could be going down.

Roll on the rest of the season should be a cracker in the league and europe :)

1 hour ago, Richspeedway said:

Sarries points deduction has gone through with no appeal, hopefully going forward Premiership Rugby will release details for the fines/penalties.

Sarries can easily stay up and finish in the top 4 though with the points on offer if they win every game which is not beyond them. It will make the relegation fight another interesting one as Wasps and Leicester are down there so a "big club" could be going down.

Roll on the rest of the season should be a cracker in the league and europe :)

Sarries’ fine was published. Doubt they’ll make up 35 points and hope they don’t. They should be stripped of their titles too.

I watched Bath v Ulster and as usual with northern hemisphere rugby found it boring. Too much grunt and groan, poor skill levels and not enough running.

I’ll stick to Super 15 on Sky when it returns in February!

Yeah been pegged back to minus 22 now which will prob go down after Friday against Bath as they are there usual inconsistent self.

The RFU should have been harsher and strip titles to show other clubs but it is a big boys club so they will not do that to them as they already turn blind eye to Sarries and Bath playing at grounds which do not fit the minimum attendance criteria.

When not busy with the clubs I help at usually go and see some of the local teams as there games can be better than some of the Premiership.

• Like 1

Quins v Bath on Saturday was not much of an advert for Europe's marquee event. Two English clubs in the lower reaches of their league engaging in a tryless wet weather scrap is not the ultimate vision for continental rugby. The whole structure needs a rethink.

Gloucester rested several leading men against Montpelliers monsters. It needs to be truly elite again not full of clubs who are just glad to make up the numbers. A weakened Sarries murdered Ospeys 44-3. The domestic game in Wales isn't working.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 2