British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jduffill

British Under-19 Final @ Redcar Thursday 15th August

Link to the full line up and a chance to win 2 tickets to the event below:

https://www.facebook.com/redcarbears.speedway/photos/a.391971057617727/1407016449446511/?type=3&theater

Hope to see plenty of you there on Thursday.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this despite the lack of promotional push from the powers that be and I don't mean Redcar.

Competative line up , very open, would think Bickley and Flint have done plenty of laps around here so should be up there but also fancy Anders Rowe to be high up the score chart.

Will be interesting to see local youngster Elliot Kelly now in the main line up, has made massive strides in the last 12 months but this is too early for him to be one of the rostrum contenders.

Do hope there's a decent crowd to cheer these lads on.

fancy Edwards to also do well after his visit here for Eastbourne.

Bickley done more laps here than the rest I would imagine, and Kemp should not be too far away.

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting with some good racing. Drew Kemp was a class above -  would have liked to have seen him miss one gate though to see what he could have done!

Edwards was excellent value as well as Anders Rowe. Bailey had a couple of superb rides and Flint entertained all night.

Well impressed with the standard overall though. All really attacking the track and riding some good lines. Very decent crowd as well - would respectfully disagree with the texter on the updates that it was 50% down from a normal crowd. Was definitely down but more like 20% in my humble opinion, and understandable as the Bears had a meeting two days ago.

• Like 1

Agree with your thoughts. A decent meeting ,very competitive racing with Kemp that bit sharper from the gate and I to the first turn.

Top three deserved their places .Most of these lads will be young enough to compete in this meeting for a few years so there's some decent youth coming through.

I did think Bickley and Flint would be up there but their gating simply wasn't sharp enough and Flint appeared to lack outright speed although he was always blasting around the boards trying to find it.

Bickley got away with rolling at the starts and was fortunate the ref didn't throw him out for knocking off Kemp as that was not first a case of first bend bunching simply a case of him ramming into him.

Local lad Kelly suffered from trying too hard, terrible gating and rash decisions but he'll come good eventually.

I thought the crowd was very good for such a meeting, about 2/3 of a normal league match, the promoters seemed very happy with it.

Good presentation, as always, nice to see the lads presented with medals by sponsors and the rostrum lads interviewed in the bar afterwards.

Interesting to hear Vatcher say the Cardiff reserves were not his choice ( being told what to do again by the BSPA Mafia?) as he wanted two U-21's in there.

• Like 1