British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
squall

British Speedway Sliders

Greetings one and all,

British Speedway Sliders is heading into it's 14th season, with league sign ups underway until September 1st.

Do you enjoy playing speedway games? Why not race against fans from around the world on your computer?

Fill in those blank, speedway-less,  winter evenings by sticking your mate in the fence. Feel like a star by blasting round the boards to grab the win on the line.

As well as being part of a team vying for a league championship, hunt for individual glory in the world championships and grand prix series.

Click HERE, sign up, and jump into action.

Head on over HERE and follow our Facebook page, where you can find videos of some cracking races.

Hope to see some new faces soon :t:

• Like 1

To add to Squalls post, beginners are fully welcomed. It's not a game that is easy to pick up initially, but with a bit of practice it will suddenly 'click'.

Players of all age groups are welcome, last season we had players as young as 12 and as old as 84 (Hobnob).

Everyone who signs up will be allocated a team place, regardless of ability. Existing riders have their own averages, new comers generally start as lowly reserves, just as in real life.

There are friendly servers held regularly in the lead up to the season where you can hone your skills against real opponents, chat, and learn from more experienced players.

Once the league starts teams will have their own practices where again, new players can be taught and nurtured by their captain.

It's a great experience and as close as many of us will get to the real thing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It's a great experience and as close as many of us will get to the real thing.

What?

It takes four hours, you keep changing the rules, people headbutt each other, and others just have it on in the background???

Sorry, I've been biting my tongue for hours...

Edited by chunky

58 minutes ago, chunky said:

What?

It takes four hours, you keep changing the rules, people headbutt each other, and others just have it on in the background???

Sorry, I've been biting my tongue for hours...

Not far off!

To add to squall & BW's posts, the game really is quite addictive. We have a huge selection of tracks, ranging from British past & present, some fantastic Polish, Swedish & Danish circuits & a separate GP folder. We also have some very obscure venues stretching from the USA, Croatia,Russia, Estonia, & way down under to NZ & Australia!  

The community is very welcoming and we look forward to welcoming new members soon. The best is that is completely FREE!

21 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

People play this? The graphics look like something put out on a old bbc computer

And your comment is about as dated as on old BBC computer as graphics come very low down in the success of the most played games in the world these days.

This game is all about playability and enjoyment, graphics utterly irrelevant.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

And your comment is about as dated as on old BBC computer as graphics come very low down in the success of the most played games in the world these days.

having played this game in the past can say it is the speedway equivalent of sensible soccer from the 90`s , not much to look at but it gets you hooked

• Like 2

It is rather simple when you look at it, but I can tell you now that several guys have put in a huge amount of work over the years and it is nothing short of painstaking! 

3 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

People play this? The graphics look like something put out on a old bbc computer

Why not download it and give it a go?

i used to love this game.. online servers and the actual matches are real nail biting..

this is making me want to download it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dazzafl said:

i used to love this game.. online servers and the actual matches are real nail biting..

this is making me want to download it again.

It would be great to see you back dazza! 

Had many great seasons playing this and can be highly addictive. Time constraints and lack of a laptop stopping me joining up again for this season. 

On 8/15/2019 at 7:32 PM, BWitcher said:

I only say what I see

6 hours ago, ArthurRudge said:

I only say what I see

So you've tried it then I take it?