British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick v Eastbourne Championship 17/08 @ 7pm

32 minutes ago, waco said:

After last nights thumping Eastbourne will need to radically up there game tonight to avoid a similar result at Berwick.....

Don't hold your breath.

6 hours ago, balderdash&piffle said:

Not yet !

Will be when Johnsson and Trump get together, wonder if Trump has placed an offer to buy Scotland

There’s a New York near Whitley Bay

6 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Manuel Hauzinger , one Peter's signings. Came into the season with a shoulder injury. I seem to remember he  hurt the shoulder again during a earlier visit to Armadale on the both occasion he only made it as far as the first bend 

He also had a spell at Newcastle, and was more than slightly miffed when he realised racing for a sunday club would impact heavily on his Sunday continental bookings!!!!!!

8 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Manuel Hauzinger , one Peter's signings. Came into the season with a shoulder injury. I seem to remember he  hurt the shoulder again during a earlier visit to Armadale on the both occasion he only made it as far as the first bend 

Didn’t he do the same when Berwick were at Newcastle?

Currently a wee shower

9 hours ago, DSC67 said:

That was the plan and he was paid to come over and just do a start to suit Peter's plan for his replacement/ team shuffle. he could not have ridden due to his injury. Manu lived with us and I was his driver and mechanic along with another guy. He thought he could still ride abroad and not be found out, whilst still saying he was injured to Newcastle. We got a report he had ridden in a Saturday morning Danish meeting, but he wouldn't tell us what engine to put in the bike for our Sunday meeting. We new something was fishy then and when he didn't turn up he was reported and banned from riding and fined. A scribbled A4 piece of paper turned up allegedly from a proper Doctor, which obviously it wasn't. Later turned up riding for Birmingham in one of their early seasons, but was not a hit and faded  away and retired.

• Like 1

Eastbourne are better than they are showing, the averages are going to drop like s stone prior to the big sept matches 

I wonder if theyve got a signing sorted but need some av reduction, lawson and kerr cannot be this bad

14 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Eastbourne are better than they are showing, the averages are going to drop like s stone prior to the big sept matches 

I wonder if theyve got a signing sorted but need some av reduction, lawson and kerr cannot be this bad

Too late. New averages won't come into effect until 01 Sep. Last date for team changes is 28 August to take effect on or before 31 August.

24 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Eastie away from home really are that bad. However, they are a dangerous team over a two legged tie.

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Eastie away from home really are that bad. However, they are a dangerous team over a two legged tie.

As Glasgow found out ,in more ways than one:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

equally as good at home as we are shocking away..

• Like 1

Another thumping for Easty tonight and Morris probably did better than Kennet would.have..They are becoming worse away from home than they were early season..Newcastle tomorrow expect more of the same...

Any news on NBJ, Jye, and Nick after that heat 15 crash. 

Cracking win for the tinpot club tonight, I never expected 58, but there was some consistency all the way through Berwick's scoring (everybody getting between 7 and 10). The meeting certainly livened up in the second half, started by excellent cutbacks by Dany Gapp and Spud off the second bend and up the back straight (do these count as passes?), then passing and re-passing between Leon and Kyle Newman in heat 12. Heat 15 was a bit scary, good to see Nick Morris and Jye up and walking about afterwards and hope it's not too serious for NBJ. And as usual excellent PR afterwards with the riders spending an age getting photos taken with kids.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Cracking win for the tinpot club tonight, I never expected 58, but there was some consistency all the way through Berwick's scoring (everybody getting between 7 and 10). The meeting certainly livened up in the second half, started by excellent cutbacks by Dany Gapp and Spud off the second bend and up the back straight (do these count as passes?), then passing and re-passing between Leon and Kyle Newman in heat 12. Heat 15 was a bit scary, good to see Nick Morris and Jye up and walking about afterwards and hope it's not too serious for NBJ. And as usual excellent PR afterwards with the riders spending an age getting photos taken with kids.   

Sure I seen dani gap sitting in the stand afterwards eating sweeties with the fans 

• Like 1