British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick v Eastbourne Championship 17/08 @ 7pm

What was the announcement from Jamie at interval  Something involving supporters club 

Edited by Tellitasitis

13 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

Dick said  Busk had dislocated his shoulder 

The poor lad has dislocated his shoulder so many times over the years...Hopefully he shouldn't be out too long if that's all he has done.

16 minutes ago, Tellitasitis said:

What was the announcement from Jamie at interval  Something involving supporters club 

I don't know either,it was drowned out by the tractor racing.

6 hours ago, Tellitasitis said:

Full details on other channels but, briefly, Supporters' Club are backing and running the club's new 5-1 Draw. 120 numbers, £10 a month, monthly draw £500 first prize, £100 second and £600 to the club. Then they presented the club with a cheque for £1,000. Brilliant stuff.

• Like 3

Was wondering why the post match parade truck stopped halfway down the back straight. Announced as run out of diesel 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tellitasitis said:

Supporters are running a monthly draw on behalf of the club, £10 per number, the draw will take place during the last meeting of each month, if there is no meeting I`m guessing it will take place with the winners announced on club website, supporters Facebook page, club Facebook page. It was announced that the details will appear on the various media outlets over the next day or day or you will get your information then. Great to see the club and the supporters club working together.

• Like 2

Not quite sure if I was at the same meeting as some on here as I thought much of the meeting was mostly poor with most races either from the gate or over by the end of the first lap on an ultra slick track. Berwick dominated throughout and were very worthy winners, sadly for Eastbourne only guest Nick Morris gave any real trouble to the home side, Kerr never really got going while Lawson started brightly but faded badly.

Best wishes to NB Jacobsen on a speedy recovery from what looked a horrible accident.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dodds said:

Full details on other channels but, briefly, Supporters' Club are backing and running the club's new 5-1 Draw. 120 numbers, £10 a month, monthly draw £500 first prize, £100 second and £600 to the club. Then they presented the club with a cheque for £1,000. Brilliant stuff.

That’s fantastic news 

33 minutes ago, screm said:

Not quite sure if I was at the same meeting as some on here as I thought much of the meeting was mostly poor with most races either from the gate or over by the end of the first lap on an ultra slick track. Berwick dominated throughout and were very worthy winners, sadly for Eastbourne only guest Nick Morris gave any real trouble to the home side, Kerr never really got going while Lawson started brightly but faded badly.

Best wishes to NB Jacobsen on a speedy recovery from what looked a horrible accident.

I agree. It was a little underwhelming. Got a bit interesting towards the end, but Eastbourne were such poor opposition it was always going to be one of those meetings. I was generally typing the results half way through the races. 

Hopefully Scunthorpe provide stiffer opposition on Wednesday. Thinking it’ll be RR for Nikolaj 

10 hours ago, topsoil said:

Cracking win for the tinpot club tonight, I never expected 58, but there was some consistency all the way through Berwick's scoring (everybody getting between 7 and 10). The meeting certainly livened up in the second half, started by excellent cutbacks by Dany Gapp and Spud off the second bend and up the back straight (do these count as passes?), then passing and re-passing between Leon and Kyle Newman in heat 12. Heat 15 was a bit scary, good to see Nick Morris and Jye up and walking about afterwards and hope it's not too serious for NBJ. And as usual excellent PR afterwards with the riders spending an age getting photos taken with kids.   

Quite agree about Gap and Spuds passes on the back straight prefer the updates view on heat 12 though. I thought given the opposition there were some good races mostly featuring Morris. I bet everyone was willing Leon on in heat 15.About heat 15 what are the rules for reinstated riders Berwick had reserves and Eastie had a top 5 rider was it Berwicks decision to put reserves in? 

1 hour ago, screm said:

Supporters are running a monthly draw on behalf of the club, £10 per number, the draw will take place during the last meeting of each month, if there is no meeting I`m guessing it will take place with the winners announced on club website, supporters Facebook page, club Facebook page. It was announced that the details will appear on the various media outlets over the next day or day or you will get your information then. Great to see the club and the supporters club working together.

Possibly the best thing to come out of last night. The two need each other. The supporters club do a great job of raising funds and if this can be used to help the future of the club then all the better.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bandit59 said:

Quite agree about Gap and Spuds passes on the back straight prefer the updates view on heat 12 though. I thought given the opposition there were some good races mostly featuring Morris. I bet everyone was willing Leon on in heat 15.About heat 15 what are the rules for reinstated riders Berwick had reserves and Eastie had a top 5 rider was it Berwicks decision to put reserves in? 

I'll be honest not sure of the rules for heat 15 but you could tell by the reactions afterwards that both Leon and Coty were well chuffed to have been in heat 15 and got a 5-1 out of it. 

• Like 1

Those diehard eastbourne away fans need a badge of honour travelling all that way to see these gubbings really

21 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Those diehard eastbourne away fans need a badge of honour travelling all that way to see these gubbings really

Obviously having three meetings in as many days you can make a holiday out of it but giving the distance there was a decent turn out from Eastbourne. If only Berwick could get a southern tour together as in years gone by.

• Like 2