British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
screm

Berwick v Eastbourne Championship 17/08 @ 7pm

3 hours ago, George Dodds said:

Full details on other channels but, briefly, Supporters' Club are backing and running the club's new 5-1 Draw. 120 numbers, £10 a month, monthly draw £500 first prize, £100 second and £600 to the club. Then they presented the club with a cheque for £1,000. Brilliant stuff.

Do you know if this is going to be a twelve month thing or only during the speedway season, 120 numbers is a lot if its going to be one number per person so can you have more than one numbers.

If following the model at other clubs (not just speedway) it will be year-round, and people can have as many numbers as they like.   

Totally agree this is a great move by club and supporters.  The supporters have proved their ability to raise funds in the past, and channeling this ability towards funding the continuation of speedway in Berwick is a terrific move. 

All power to the new effort - a big 5-1 for the Bandits! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

If following the model at other clubs (not just speedway) it will be year-round, and people can have as many numbers as they like.   

Totally agree this is a great move by club and supporters.  The supporters have proved their ability to raise funds in the past, and channeling this ability towards funding the continuation of speedway in Berwick is a terrific move. 

All power to the new effort - a big 5-1 for the Bandits! 

Like you say its a great idea and I will have a number or two, if its an all year round I take those participating will need to give their bank details to set up a direct debit for the winter months. I hope all the numbers go as the more numbers sold the more money for Berwick, 120 numbers £600 to the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Like you say its a great idea and I will have a number or two, if its an all year round I take those participating will need to give their bank details to set up a direct debit for the winter months. I hope all the numbers go as the more numbers sold the more money for Berwick, 120 numbers £600 to the club.

Yes a bank account will be getting organised this week to allow fans to pay by direct debit. We had a meeting with Jamie and Flinty on Friday night, and Jamie came up with the 5-1 theme. First draw will be made on August 31st against Newcastle on centre green. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Quite agree about Gap and Spuds passes on the back straight prefer the updates view on heat 12 though. I thought given the opposition there were some good races mostly featuring Morris. I bet everyone was willing Leon on in heat 15.About heat 15 what are the rules for reinstated riders Berwick had reserves and Eastie had a top 5 rider was it Berwicks decision to put reserves in? 

Wonder if who was doing updates was at same meeting

48 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

I wonder too.

Heat 9 result was wrong.

Gapp 1st.

Doolan 3rd.

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Those diehard eastbourne away fans need a badge of honour travelling all that way to see these gubbings really

I had many years following the Rockets, watching them getting hammered, especially at Berwick.

Three trips to Somerset in 2014

62-28

66-26

72-20

51 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Updates site took them from Bandits Twitter Updates. 

3 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I wonder too.

Heat 9 result was wrong.

Gapp 1st.

Doolan 3rd.

There were a few technical difficulties last night 

11 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I had many years following the Rockets, watching them getting hammered, especially at Berwick.

Three trips to Somerset in 2014

62-28

66-26

72-20

jesus, that must have been a fun filled 3 nights !

3 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

Quite agree about Gap and Spuds passes on the back straight prefer the updates view on heat 12 though. I thought given the opposition there were some good races mostly featuring Morris. I bet everyone was willing Leon on in heat 15.About heat 15 what are the rules for reinstated riders Berwick had reserves and Eastie had a top 5 rider was it Berwicks decision to put reserves in? 

I think it is something along the lines of if a rider can not take his place in a re-run, then it is another top rider. An exclusion through tapes or 2 minutes brings in a reserve.

2 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

I think it is something along the lines of if a rider can not take his place in a re-run, then it is another top rider. An exclusion through tapes or 2 minutes brings in a reserve.

In this case both Berwick riders were not fit enough to take their place in the re-run, as was the same with Nick Morris, he was replaced by Lewis Kerr.

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

There were a few technical difficulties last night 

You mean, you didn't have your buxom PA at your side, keeping you right? 

32 minutes ago, screm said:

In this case both Berwick riders were not fit enough to take their place in the re-run, as was the same with Nick Morris, he was replaced by Lewis Kerr.

Bandits were quite OK to bring in their reserves to Heat 15 - they were their top scorers, with 10+1 and 9+3 respectively! 

2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

jesus, that must have been a fun filled 3 nights !

The worst part was battling the M25/M4/M5 on a friday afternoon