British Speedway Forum
Col

Tiger Royal Rumble 18/08

I really expected a bit more from Bickley this season.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I really expected a it more from Bickley this season.

i think he has done okay . having a wee blip due to the sand castles hot holding together well . but could come good when he settles down again . are you expecting too much from him ?

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think he has done okay . having a wee blip due to the sand castles hot holding together well . but could come good when he settles down again . are you expecting too much from him ?

Maybe, but he had a full season last year,and  has had a few years on bikes.He just doesn’t look fast to me.Maybe I’m a bit harsh but just my opinion.

• Like 1

I agree about Bickley, some riders are slower burners so he shouldn’t be written off but you wouldn’t expect him in his second season to be getting nought anywhere. You just get the feeling he should be doing a bit better than he is. 

• Like 1

i think you have to give riders a chance . he is still young .

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe, but he had a full season last year,and  has had a few years on bikes.He just doesn’t look fast to me.Maybe I’m a bit harsh but just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree about Bickley, some riders are slower burners so he shouldn’t be written off but you wouldn’t expect him in his second season to be getting nought anywhere. You just get the feeling he should be doing a bit better than he is. 

he is still building castles , if you know what i mean .

Bit underwhelming today, but if the commute is that painless might do it a little more next season. Thought Glasgow were poor, Sheffield hit them hard early & they seemed to have no answer.

Was disappointed in both Bickley & Kemp if they're the future of British Speedway, savour Woffinden while you can. When Kemp missed the gate in heat 8 having heard about his track craft I thought this could be good. The Glasgow reserve & #2 had done nothing upto that point but he just went backwards. The Glasgow reserve & #2 did nothing else.

Todd Kurtz impressed, didn't think he was that good. Sedgeman rode really well in heat 12 to keep Palm Toft at bay but protect McDonald who was good, less can be said about his primary chain supplier.

Not sure what happened to Jensen in heat 13, didn't think anyone was near him. Don't know what happened in the rerun either. King definitely dropped the clutch before Cook yet emerged from the second bend behind.

Howarth impressed in heat 4 great ride to pass Jensen.

Glasgow won't win anything on this showing.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Bit underwhelming today, but if the commute is that painless might do it a little more next season. Thought Glasgow were poor, Sheffield hit them hard early & they seemed to have no answer.

Was disappointed in both Bickley & Kemp if they're the future of British Speedway, savour Woffinden while you can. When Kemp missed the gate in heat 8 having heard about his track craft I thought this could be good. The Glasgow reserve & #2 had done nothing upto that point but he just went backwards. The Glasgow reserve & #2 did nothing else.

Todd Kurtz impressed, didn't think he was that good. Sedgeman rode really well in heat 12 to keep Palm Toft at bay but protect McDonald who was good, less can be said about his primary chain supplier.

Not sure what happened to Jensen in heat 13, didn't think anyone was near him. Don't know what happened in the rerun either. King definitely dropped the clutch before Cook yet emerged from the second bend behind.

Howarth impressed in heat 4 great ride to pass Jensen.

Glasgow won't win anything on this showing.

dont tell gazc that  LOL

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, jenga said:

dont tell gazc that  LOL

Gazo?

Probably collectively the best Sheffield performance at home this season.

We provided 10 of the 15 heat winners and every Sheffield rider bar Drew Kemp won at least one race.

Cookie looked very subdued, and if he is going to retain the League Riders Championship he is going have to ride a whole lot better as Masters looks a far better bet.

Rasmus Jensen only winning one race I don't think that has happened many times this season and doubt it will happen many times for the rest of the season.

The other Jensen did better than his points suggest and Connor Bailey did well.

Never seen Kyle Bickley do anything at Sheffield (I missed the KOC fixture), and after spending the best part of two season riding at reserve he should be at least getting some near to moving into the main body of the team to progress.  

Play Offs is a long shot for us the majority of remaining fixtures are away, and I don't think that we will pick up the necessary points to get in.

Glasgow have probably done enough to get into the Play Offs already.

But.

Looking at the results and how teams have performed recently I would be rubbing my hands if I was a Redcar fans because I think they are the team that I believe come the Play Offs could take the title.  

7 hours ago, spin king said:

Probably collectively the best Sheffield performance at home this season.

We provided 10 of the 15 heat winners and every Sheffield rider bar Drew Kemp won at least one race.

Really? Thought King looked down on power. Kemp & Kennedy were awful. McDonald broke two chains on the start line.

I thought Glasgow were very poor, I don't really know how Sheffield granted them a sniff of a point when Glasgow hit back with two 5-1's (heat 8 for sure & the Tac Sub Cook heat either 7 or 9) as watched from the fourth bend rather than by the gate for a change. Cant tell who drops the clutch first from there.

Edited by Col

16 hours ago, Col said:

Howarth has his racesuit on so I guess he is good to go.

Lovely drive up, took less than 90 minutes to get to Brammall Lane, then, Ugh!

The two Tiger mascots are having a play brawl. Hope the Glasgow one wins as the Sheffield one decided to scratch his crotch right in front of me earlier.

Well, that was just unfortunate for non football people that the Blades' game was moved from Saturday for Sky transmission.  I parked my car at a tram stop just outside the city centre, got tram and bus to the football,  same after the (very enjoyable B) ) football, which finished around 4pm - the bus was on diversion on the way back in, and it ended up stopping right by another tram stop, and one appeared just as I'd got off the bus... bear in mind this is Sunday timetable as well!  Obviously I know the non traffic jam routes to the speedway, there for 5pm, bingo.

Yes, the WiFi is helpful, isn't it?  Saves your own data, anyway.  As I sit inside, sometimes I even take my tablet! 

Anyhow... the meeting.... we won much easier than expected, even allowing for Craig Cook not having a vintage meeting.  I'll excuse Danny not being quite on it as he has got us out of the cart more than once this season. Drew is struggling as the averages have dictated that he be second string for all but the first month of the season, so he is a little out of his depth.  I heard that he may be back at reserve when the next lot come out, though.  Kurtz and Sedgemen have really made the difference, compared to who they have replaced, at Owlerton at least, with no disrespect intended to Ty Proctor and Broc Nicol.                                            

Yeah, I should have realised Sheffield United were playing, didn't occur to me.  As I don't know the area very well I was not aware the Sat Nav would take us past Brammall Lane.  It seems weird that it gets us the exit the M1 at Chesterfield rather than carrying on.  Not a complaint, there are no speed cameras on the National Speed Limit A road, where as the M1 has been "Smart Motorwayed". :)

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

He's being overshadowed by fellow reserve Connor Bailey recently , he's definitely struggling away from Ashfield.  

Yesterday was a disappointment,  after losing a match we really should have won at Leicester , I was optimistic about our chances here , but we never got going and never really recovered from being 22-8 down after 5 heats .

Take nothing away from the home side , they were much better than us on the day 

• Like 1