British Speedway Forum
Col

Tiger Royal Rumble 18/08

3 hours ago, Col said:

Yeah, I should have realised Sheffield United were playing, didn't occur to me.  As I don't know the area very well I was not aware the Sat Nav would take us past Brammall Lane.  It seems weird that it gets us the exit the M1 at Chesterfield rather than carrying on.  Not a complaint, there are no speed cameras on the National Speed Limit A road, where as the M1 has been "Smart Motorwayed". :)

I don't know how interested or not you are in football, but if you aren't, it simply wouldn't enter your psyche about a game being on.  I know I have been caught up in traffic for similar things in other cities eg concerts etc!   Even though it's a bit longer way around, the best bet is go up to Junction 36 and take the A61 south to Sheffield, and the stadium appears on your left after about 6 miles. 

40 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

I don't know how interested or not you are in football, but if you aren't, it simply wouldn't enter your psyche about a game being on.  I know I have been caught up in traffic for similar things in other cities eg concerts etc!   Even though it's a bit longer way around, the best bet is go up to Junction 36 and take the A61 south to Sheffield, and the stadium appears on your left after about 6 miles. 

Also doubled up with the United game, but, with Somerset to do next Wednesday, I thought I'd save on driving so came by public transport, from he smoke, this week. With some ludicrous train fares (I've flown to several Eastern European tracks for far less) I chose coach up and train back. Unsure how long roadworks will be on  but with the Parkway junction on M1 closed off and 4 lanes down to 1 there,  the last two miles took around 40 minutes. To bear in mind if using this route during these works. 

Total mess up at Bramall Lane with season tickets not working so mega queues at the ticket office to get replacements meant I missed the first 25 minutes. of the game. Luckily the serial mega doomsters on the BSF weren't watching, otherwise all hell would have broken loose. with the end of Premier League football in sight; all Keith Chapman, Poole Pirates and Rob Godfrey's faults. :D Seeing the number of red and white shirts at Owlerton it seemed many took this double option.  

Took a bit of time to start the meeting but, with the usual home promotion efficiency, it was over in 90 minutes. In spite of the issues with the trams, with the track dug up at Hillsborough, I was still able to grab a couple of excellent ales in the Sheffield Tap, before my train left; arriving home in the early hours after an 18 hour day.   

Craig Cook was a bit naughty with his trapping of Danny, as he attempted to pass, in heat 13, ironically having caused his partner to fall in a similar manoeuvre in the initial running, seemingly believing it was a Tiger coming round and not a Giant.  :lol:

So a great day for Sheffield with two victories in just over 3 hours and a great weekend with Wednesday losing too. :party:

Edited by Mr Ore
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tigerblade said:

Well I'm a long suffering West Bromwich Albion supporter. It was on TV so I should have realised. Don't know if Owlerton, Brammall Lane or even Hillsborough are north, south, East or west Sheffield. I think Hillsborough is close to Owlerton judging by road signs?

Will try that route next time. Thanks.

Hillsborough is about 5 minutes walk from Owlerton if your coming up from the city centre.United are in the east and Wednesday the west of Sheffield.

5 hours ago, Mr Ore said:

Unsure how long roadworks will be on  but with the Parkway junction on M1 closed off and 4 lanes down to 1 there,  the last two miles took around 40 minutes. To bear in mind if using this route during these works. 

I believe this is for 2 weeks only with last Sunday being the last one. Anyone confirm?

Guest Loose Diamond
On 8/15/2019 at 10:21 AM, dorothy58 said:

That is funny, however our no 1 will be there, unfortunately Claus appeal has been rejected so probably a guest for him

How can Cook be allowed to race?? A decision was made to suspend/ ban him then it is decided!!?? Unfair on Vissing and Kennett is it not? What makes Cook think he is untouchable?? Speedway joke rules.

Guest Loose Diamond
Just now, Loose Diamond said:

How can Cook be allowed to race?? A decision was made to suspend/ ban him then it is decided!!?? Unfair on Vissing and Kennett is it not? What makes Cook think he is untouchable?? Speedway joke rules.

Recinded

12 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Cook may have reasons for his villainy, the others might not ?

29 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

And so it goes on and on and on and on . Cook can ride until the appeal is heard , he might yet still get banned . Which should make everybody very happy it seems 

Guest Loose Diamond
50 minutes ago, Paulco said:

And so it goes on and on and on and on . Cook can ride until the appeal is heard , he might yet still get banned . Which should make everybody very happy it seems 

Yep. Very.

9 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Because he appealed even murderers  can appeal you are a bit of a drama queen are we not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

You seemed to enjoy the Newcastle v Eastbourne match on Sunday praising the Newcastle riders how well they tried :o Hopefully you enjoy your breakfast this morning [no]

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Because he appealed even murderers  can appeal you are a bit of a drama queen are we not.

but they are held indoors , so to speak .. time will tell .

55 minutes ago, Gazc said:

GAZ Just ignore him . Every track has one and to be fair some ex tracks have more than one :unsure:

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Recinded

Thanks for correcting your post. Not a lot of people would have done what you have done