British Speedway Forum
Col

Tiger Royal Rumble 18/08

14 hours ago, Col said:

Well I'm a long suffering West Bromwich Albion supporter. It was on TV so I should have realised. Don't know if Owlerton, Brammall Lane or even Hillsborough are north, south, East or west Sheffield. I think Hillsborough is close to Owlerton judging by road signs?

Will try that route next time. Thanks.

Yes, if you come along the A61 from that way, you'll see Hillsborough on your right about half a mile before Owlerton on the left.  I had to laugh when you said you were long suffering supporting the Baggies... this time 3 years ago, the Blades were bottom of League One with 1 point... if someone had said then that we'd be in the Prem now, I think I would have recommended they be sectioned :D

10 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

How can Cook be allowed to race?? A decision was made to suspend/ ban him then it is decided!!?? Unfair on Vissing and Kennett is it not? What makes Cook think he is untouchable?? Speedway joke rules.

Most people are given the right to appeal - if he was banned during an appeal and subsequently found to be innocent/not guilty, he could put in all manner of claims for loss of earnings etc. etc.  

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, MANSE said:

You seemed to enjoy the Newcastle v Eastbourne match on Sunday praising the Newcastle riders how well they tried :o Hopefully you enjoy your breakfast this morning [no]

As you may or may not know it was not very good. Throwing away a 12 point lead is not the best. Our number one rider is going through some kind of a lull in his racing at the moment. I have no idea what is happening with him. Our number five rider just cannot get out of the starts. He always was a good gater. You need to be especially at Newcastle. All of the top riders who visit Newcastle know it's imperative to gate at this track. Unfortunately for us they did. Morris, Lewis Kerr, and Richard Lawson were very good out of the starts that's why they deserved to win. They are the same when they miss the starts. They  look like novices at the back. 

5 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

GAZ Just ignore him . Every track has one and to be fair some ex tracks have more than one :unsure:

True but it is extremely tedious :t:.

Edited by Gazc

1 hour ago, Tigerblade said:

Yes, if you come along the A61 from that way, you'll see Hillsborough on your right about half a mile before Owlerton on the left.  I had to laugh when you said you were long suffering supporting the Baggies... this time 3 years ago, the Blades were bottom of League One with 1 point... if someone had said then that we'd be in the Prem now, I think I would have recommended they be sectioned :D

You seem well set to finish 17th or higher, which is the only aim now the Blades are Premier League.  It has been nearly 3 years since Rondon's hat-trick of headers, that was the last time it was enjoyable to be a Baggie.