British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Ipswich - Swindon 15 08 19

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Top teams usually win at home by more than 2 points!

Wouldn’t you have been glad of that against Peterborough?  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yeah but that was all a bit early season gremlins!

Just now, foreverblue said:

Yeah but that was all a bit early season gremlins!

Ive been told there are no excuses for a defeat ......by your fellow Poole fans

Just now, Gavan said:

Ive been told there are no excuses for a defeat ......by your fellow Poole fans

Plus Adam Ellis was a guest, you can't trust Swindon's guests!

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Top teams win away by more than a measly six points.  Poole squeaked it.  :)

I would take that in the playoffs 

47 minutes ago, DC2 said:

50 - 40 quite happy with that 

After watching them at Lynn the previous week, it came as no surprise that the  Witches lost again to a in-form Swindon side.    A team led by two strong heat leaders will always be in contention. I thought it might be possible to run them close, but never imagined Ipswich to get walloped like they did..

It appears now that Swindon are favourites for that 4th Play-off place. Although the Witches were once thought as safe, certainties to qualify , it has now become squeaky bum time.  They need to recapture that early season form quickly or else they could be drawn into the a battle they wouldn't relish..... 

I don’t believe Ipswich are going through a lack of form at all. I would say they were punching well above their weight in the first half of the season but have now reverted to form. 

Wouldn’t be a surprised if they missed out on a top four playoff berth to be honest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I don’t believe Ipswich are going through a lack of form at all. I would say they were punching well above their weight in the first half of the season but have now reverted to form. 

Wouldn’t be a surprised if they missed out on a top four playoff berth to be honest. 

It's probably a bit of both tbh. It was always going to be hard to keep the standard Ippo set to last all season, without a dip.

These 3 rides are suffering from a lack  of form lately, for one reason or another.

Had a quick look, and come up with the following..

Bombers last 4 meetings...  12 points from 15 starts ….. ave 3.20

KP's last 4 ……..  8 points from 16 starts... Ave 2.00 

Allen's last 2 meetings …  5 points from 8 starts... Ave 2.50

These 3 are better than that.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Early season KP doing a job at 5 and Heeps at reserve were the catalysts for their good form. 

I said that when Heeps went into the 1-5 his scores would not be so consistent - aside from his injury - and I also said Kennett at reserve would not score double figures in successive meetings - and he hasn't.

Not sure what the riding order might be from Sept 1st if they do make the play-offs.

4-6 point ish  riders tend to be inconsistent. More so in the 1-5. 

But Bomber is better than 3.20 that he has averaged lately(Ave  last 4 meetings).

KP is a lot better than 2.00 at reserve. (Ave last 4 meetings)

That's not their level. So out off form for some reason or another. Even SS must agree on these 2... Well probably not :wink:

Some of the others have dropped off a bit, but the 2 above, got to be out of form.

Bomber running in new goggles.          

KP running new boots in

Heeps running in new set grips

Allen also running in new gear, spokes (front and rear)

Lawson forgot to cut his fringe

louis must put an end to the lads running in new items on the nite and bring a set of scizzors when it’s a home match of such importance

There is always the next meeting to fire as the season is far from over ,go the Witches !

Bombers home average for all 8 2019 home meetings is only 4.48 - 37 points from 33 rides. Nearly half his rides (14) have resulted in a zero

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Even less if league only. 

Junk at Foxhall,, have I ever mentioned that:rofl:

Should have started season with a lesser averaged rider that could average a reasonable amount at home. 

Sometimes the people that are responsible for putting a team together need their heads checking. 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

After the pathetic showing on Thursday, I can't believe there wasn't one rider out practicing after the meeting trying things out. Louis should have them all out there.

Can't believe what Hawkins was doing either. The TS should've been used at the earliest possible time like heat 6-7, why wait until the match was virtually over and use it in heat 13 against Doyle & Batchelor who were both unbeaten and then to really extract the urine he puts Harris in heat 15. Clueless!!!

• Like 4