British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Ipswich - Swindon 15 08 19

16 minutes ago, Bash said:

After the pathetic showing on Thursday, I can't believe there wasn't one rider out practicing after the meeting trying things out. Louis should have them all out there.

Can't believe what Hawkins was doing either. The TS should've been used at the earliest possible time like heat 6-7, why wait until the match was virtually over and use it in heat 13 against Doyle & Batchelor who were both unbeaten and then to really extract the urine he puts Harris in heat 15. Clueless!!!

Seems like most fans could do a better job.. Does he get paid :blink:

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bombers home average for all 8 2019 home meetings is only 4.48 - 37 points from 33 rides. Nearly half his rides (14) have resulted in a zero

Whats his away Ave :blink:

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Bombers home average for all 8 2019 home meetings is only 4.48 - 37 points from 33 rides. Nearly half his rides (14) have resulted in a zero

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Whats his away Ave :blink:

6.83 - 70 from 41

Overall 5.78 which is nealy a 2 point reduction on his starting average

Wow that was exciting. 

I couldn't cope with it. 

• Haha 1

That's normaly as good as it gets at Foxhall, in fact that's a good race. It actually had a genuine pass after the first corner, those are rare at Foxhall 

Edited by Baldyman

Bomber is a good example of why I think they should change the rules with regards to team building.

I've probably said this countless times but when a rider loses his job and he's actually slightly improved his average (usually a 6 or 7) just so teams can get one main rider out... it's unfair

So what they should do is simple and helps teams be competitive...

For example I'll use Bomber and Allen

Say Bombers season start average was 8 but now its 5

His club should be able to move him out and bring in a rider to the equivalent of his starting averages, what the other riders averages are or total team points is irrelevant against that one rider

So Ipswich should be allowed to release him and replace with someone averaging 8 or less...

Now what will make team building and changes interesting... bomber is under performing but witches are allowed to replace him on his start average, but when released other clubs can sign bomber on his current average of 5.

Now look at Allen, say he started on a 4 but is now 6,  if Ipswich wanted to replace Allen then they can only replace with his start average so bring someone else in on a 4,  if another club wanted to use him they would go with his current average of a 6

So what it does is, it protects the rider, increase your average and it's less likely you will lose your ride throughout the season, under perform and you put yourself at risk.

Would certainly make team building and changes more interesting, the whole team building total should only be relevant before a wheel is turned i.e. to build a team 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Bomber is a good example of why I think they should change the rules with regards to team building.

I've probably said this countless times but when a rider loses his job and he's actually slightly improved his average (usually a 6 or 7) just so teams can get one main rider out... it's unfair

So what they should do is simple and helps teams be competitive...

For example I'll use Bomber and Allen

Say Bombers season start average was 8 but now its 5

His club should be able to move him out and bring in a rider to the equivalent of his starting averages, what the other riders averages are or total team points is irrelevant against that one rider

So Ipswich should be allowed to release him and replace with someone averaging 8 or less...

Now what will make team building and changes interesting... bomber is under performing but witches are allowed to replace him on his start average, but when released other clubs can sign bomber on his current average of 5.

Now look at Allen, say he started on a 4 but is now 6,  if Ipswich wanted to replace Allen then they can only replace with his start average so bring someone else in on a 4,  if another club wanted to use him they would go with his current average of a 6

So what it does is, it protects the rider, increase your average and it's less likely you will lose your ride throughout the season, under perform and you put yourself at risk.

Would certainly make team building and changes more interesting, the whole team building total should only be relevant before a wheel is turned i.e. to build a team 

So basically, if you sign a naff team then you can sack them all and have another go with the full limit still in play?

• Like 1

It's a different idea but I don't think it would make much difference - if a rider is under-performing they are at risk of being dropped now and no-one would usually drop a rider who's increased his average.  i think the downside to the current system is the use of the rolling averages and allowing clubs to drop/sign riders willy nilly.  There was a good article on this in last weeks' Speedway Star.  There's no loyalty shown by most clubs anymore, so why should riders.  Fans don't get to follow/relate to them either as it's all so transient.  Also, there should be some employment protection, in exchange for lower wages maybe?

50 minutes ago, JCookie said:

So basically, if you sign a naff team then you can sack them all and have another go with the full limit still in play?

To be fair and I'm sure someone will, how many riders have increased/decreased their averages and when you say sign a naff team... I can't see why anyone would not sign the best team possible from the start it just opens up possibilities...

The ones who usually lose out having increased their averages are the lower order riders at least this may protect them in a way...

Perhaps someone might come on here and under my idea state what they do with the witches right now and see if they look any stronger for it.

7 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

To be fair and I'm sure someone will, how many riders have increased/decreased their averages and when you say sign a naff team... I can't see why anyone would not sign the best team possible from the start it just opens up possibilities...

The ones who usually lose out having increased their averages are the lower order riders at least this may protect them in a way...

Perhaps someone might come on here and under my idea state what they do with the witches right now and see if they look any stronger for it.

I agree that nobody sets to sign a poor side, but if you do happen to do that then I feel you should live with the consequences. Looking at it objectively, the signing of Harris was probably never going to end well and therefore Ipswich should not be allowed to replace an 8 point rider with a new 8 point rider, because their original selection has dropped 3 points off his average.

9 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Bomber is only riding for Ipswich on sufferance! he should be riding for Peterborough. Maybe Poole can sign him on a 5 to replace Worrall!!

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Bomber is only riding for Ipswich on sufferance! he should be riding for Peterborough. Maybe Poole can sign him on a 5 to replace Worrall!!

And you think most witches fans wanted him knowing what he was liked based on past performances. 

IMO it was all a big smoke screen so Cook would end up at KL.