British Speedway Forum
A ORLOV

Ipswich - Swindon 15 08 19

15 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Harris last 3 home matches 

0 2 0 2 tonight beats Perks and Musielak (off 15m)

0 1' 0 vs Belle Vue beats Lidsey)

R 2' 0 1 vs Wolves beats Masters Becker and Schlein (when it was chucking it down)

so 8 pts from 10 rides. average of 3.20

Don't worry he will come good in the play offs.....unless he's a guest

• Like 1

Buster should have told Harris he's no longer a heat leader in this league and not Bjerre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Excellent for Nico yes - for ipswich no.

knocked KP off virtually when on a 5-1 in ht 2 completely unnecessarily and again fenced Heeps in ht 8 when on a 5-1 on second resulting in a 4-2, Swindon were by far the better team tonight but Nico didn’t look for a teammate once, rode through anyone and everyone he got the chance to.

only way I see us reaching the final now is dropping bomber and KP and bringing in a top rider at no.1 to come and be the hero.

shame a few weeks back I thought KP was steadily improving riding at the tough no.5 spot and since he’s dropped to reserve he’s dropped off a cliff

From where I was standing it didn't look like Nico caused any of his team mates a issue. Heeps clearly not fully fit & KP looked like a complete novice. 

Nico pushing for a Foxhall return next season as the Super reserve. 

So last night...... What a shocker! 

Harris down on power? I'm not so sure just looks like he is struggling to ride seemed to be fighting to keep control on bends one & two. 

KP looked like a complete novice hard to believe he was winning races at number 5.

To be honest though no one expect Nico can escape criticism. 

Perhaps Louis should get on the phone to Dudek his GP performance has dropped of maybe he needs more track time and sharpening up just like Hancock did when he went to Poole. 

Went last night for only the second time this season

Yet again we were just awful out of the gate, consistently beaten to the first bend

Ive no idea why we have carried on with Harris he is just awful. Made one gate and even then Batchelor passed him like he was standing still.

KP looked woeful and Allen certainly struggled.

But as that Pinny thing reminded me , you cant have riders out of form, well at the moment Allen, Lawson and KP are out of form and maybe low on confidence.

Swindon proved why they are favourites for the league. A top 5 that no other side can match. Doyle and Batchelor cruised through the meeting never looked any chance of them being beaten. Musielek was fast and Jensen looks a find.

Special mention for Ellis Perks.....his score did not reflect his riding, was on the pace in every race and looks a decent rider

Nobody will want this side in the play offs , at this rate nobody will get close to them.

Im hopeful that we can still sneak in but the management need to make changes or the season will just blow up totally

We have 5 matches left...home and away v Swindon where we will get nothing from..................home and away v Poole where we could get a home win.............home v Peterborough which now becomes a must win match. That will leave us on 39 points meaning Wolves will need to get 10 points and with away trips to Belle Vue and Poole to come i cant see it.

Looking at the matches left i can see Swindon maybe even getting top spot and then they would pick us.

Ive been saying on here for a long time Swindon are the best side in the league with the best manager....looking good for the Robins

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Yet again we were just awful out of the gate, consistently beaten to the first bend

Ive no idea why we have carried on with Harris he is just awful. Made one gate and even then Batchelor passed him like he was standing still.

But as that Pinny thing reminded me , you cant have riders out of form, well at the moment Allen, Lawson and KP are out of form and maybe low on confidence.

Swindon proved why they are favourites for the league. A top 5 that no other side can match. Doyle and Batchelor cruised through the meeting never looked any chance of them being beaten. Musielek was fast and Jensen looks a find.

Special mention for Ellis Perks.....his score did not reflect his riding, was on the pace in every race and looks a decent rider

Nobody will want this side in the play offs , at this rate nobody will get close to them.

Im hopeful that we can still sneak in but the management need to make changes or the season will just blow up totally

We have 5 matches left...home and away v Swindon where we will get nothing from..................home and away v Poole where we could get a home win.............home v Peterborough which now becomes a must win match. That will leave us on 39 points meaning Wolves will need to get 10 points and with away trips to Belle Vue and Poole to come i cant see it.

Looking at the matches left i can see Swindon maybe even getting top spot and then they would pick us.

Ive been saying on here for a long time Swindon are the best side in the league with the best manager....looking good for the Robins

Harris is probably missing Poole, were they look after them 

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Certainly wouldn’t want him on his current form.  If KP becomes available I would have him. Clearly not enjoying the Ipswich track, but a far better rider than he is showing.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

50 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I still don't think Swindon are favourites, we shall see on Monday when they face an in form team. I wouldn't be afraid of Poole facing them , I agree they have the best top five and Ellis is going well but I still think they would struggle against Wolves or Poole with a full team.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Looked after him so well that they binned him after winning the league!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I still don't think Swindon are favourites, we shall see on Monday when they face an in form team. I wouldn't be afraid of Poole facing them , I agree they have the best top five and Ellis is going well but I still think they would struggle against Wolves or Poole with a full team.

All they have to do is tell J0000sh that he is guesting & his mystery bike problems will come to the fore!!

1 minute ago, Crazy robin said:

Looked after him so well that they binned him after winning the league!!!!

Only 'cos his average was increased which would have made him number 1. MF undoubtedly made the right decision if Bomber's recent scores are anything to go by!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy robin said:

All they have to do is tell J0000sh that he is guesting & his mystery bike problems will come to the fore!!

Think yourself lucky he blew his best engine in heat 1 last night. I bet you'll be hoping he can't get it replaced in time for Monday?!

2 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

He only gets that score at Kings Lynn, apparently went to the conference after the meeting to apologise because unfortunately his engine blew in his first race, should have a capable spare bike but obviously not. Just hope he doesn't have any bike issues Monday.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

51-39 to the Witches, no chance Swindon can win at Foxhall.  

You nearly got it right

• Haha 2

Gavan the huge Ipswich fan who nobody knows makes his second visit of the season and Ipswich get a tonking. Brilliant . 

As I said earlier , Ipswich definitely the weakest team in the play off births and will be first pick for whoever tops the league. 

• Like 1