British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

Mildenhall v Kent 18th Aug

16 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Im not going to name names as the riders who i have spoken too / communicated with / heard via other trusted sources but there is certainly some disillusion from fringe riders (all of which are higher rated by me than Barnes) that he has been given the opportunities and full notice whereas offers midday on Monday that riders simply cannot accommodate seem to be treated in a negative light. There are plenty of teams out there who will / do need additional riders and the vast majority don't struggle to find an unattached guests so perhaps that should start to tell Len/Kent something. 

Never read such rubbish in all my life.  What on earth do you mean, and what are you talking about ?  Who are all these riders that Kent have alienated ? Which riders have been "treated in a negative light" ?  And what does that mean anyway.  Not the first time I've found "Sings" spouting nonsense.  I'm an ex-Hammers fan who now attends most Mondays at Kent. The team has been hard hit by injuries this year, yet are still in a strong position. So what's to criticise ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, East End Fan said:

Never read such rubbish in all my life.  What on earth do you mean, and what are you talking about ?  Who are all these riders that Kent have alienated ? Which riders have been "treated in a negative light" ?  And what does that mean anyway.  Not the first time I've found "Sings" spouting nonsense.  I'm an ex-Hammers fan who now attends most Mondays at Kent. The team has been hard hit by injuries this year, yet are still in a strong position. So what's to criticise ?

Im not in a position to name names as its not fair on any of the riders concerned. It is however safe to say that the dreaded Monday where Kent failed to track a number 7 there were a minimum of 5 riders i know of who would have definitely ridden if they had a days notice. None of these riders have since been contacted and Barnes became the new go to guy (which has worked out so well). 

The position Kent are in is entirely irrelevant to this situation, they will make the play offs, they will be able to field a much stronger team at that point. Len has done a huge amount for the sport in Kent and as a whole but it still doesn't stop him being a stubborn old bugger.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Im not in a position to name names as its not fair on any of the riders concerned. It is however safe to say that the dreaded Monday where Kent failed to track a number 7 there were a minimum of 5 riders i know of who would have definitely ridden if they had a days notice. None of these riders have since been contacted and Barnes became the new go to guy (which has worked out so well). 

The position Kent are in is entirely irrelevant to this situation, they will make the play offs, they will be able to field a much stronger team at that point. Len has done a huge amount for the sport in Kent and as a whole but it still doesn't stop him being a stubborn old bugger.

You wont name names but keep going on about Barnes. You only have to read your posts to see what your game is. Get a life dude. Barnes is not the go to guy, he just does what he can to help out when asked. After speaking to him last week he told me he lost a load of money on expenses and a days work to help out Len & Chris going to Manchester, but said Len helped him in the past so thought  it would be the decent thing to do. You wont have to worry now anyway because he is injured, so now you will have to find someone else to slur on here. So come on name names it will save time because speedway is a small family and things have a way of eaking out.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cuckootoyou said:

You wont name names but keep going on about Barnes. You only have to read your posts to see what your game is. Get a life dude. Barnes is not the go to guy, he just does what he can to help out when asked. After speaking to him last week he told me he lost a load of money on expenses and a days work to help out Len & Chris going to Manchester, but said Len helped him in the past so thought  it would be the decent thing to do. You wont have to worry now anyway because he is injured, so now you will have to find someone else to slur on here. So come on name names it will save time because speedway is a small family and things have a way of eaking out.

I will name Barnes because he featured in league matches which supporters have to pay to view and in my opinion (which is exactly what anything written by me on the forum is and i am fully entitled to) Luke is enthusiastic but his riding ability and machinery are not at the level required to be competitive at National league level and by him making continued appearances he is actually doing himself more harm than good as whilst the experience is a benefit the results will create a reputation that sticks. However i do not wish injury upon anybody and hope he is back on track soon.

16 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Think kent must have one of the most cursed seasons in existence.

Think that is a fair enough comment. I do not know how they have coped tbh. They are the best team in the comp that was obvious to see. Been ruined. But eh, They can still do something.

A bit like Mildenhall last season, clearly the best team in the league but they were ravaged by injuries when it came to the business end of the playoffs! 

• Like 1