British Speedway Forum

On 24/01/2021 at 7:39 PM, cityrebel said:

Some of it ended up at Rye House.

Can't have done as rye house never had much shale on it, just a blue line :rolleyes:

15 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

1985 World Final? 

1990 I think by the look of the sponsors on the boards

1 hour ago, iainb said:

1990 I think by the look of the sponsors on the boards

The fence was all yellow and red in 1990. I was hoping it was 1990 so I could say I was there but it seems not...

• Like 2

1985 was an afternoon meeting shown live ish on world of sport, 1990 was a 7 pm start in september so  a bit darker ( can u still say that) .the meeting dragged on i taped it off screen sport just as the run off starts the tape runs out lol.

17 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

1985 World Final? 

Correct...

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Who else was there ? What a crowd...

I was very touched by the billboard on the fence celebrating the romantic attraction of the intelligent Gundersen fan with a local supporter. ;)

Edited by Lefty
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skydog said:

The fence was all yellow and red in 1990. I was hoping it was 1990 so I could say I was there but it seems not...

Good point... Well made, 85 then. I was at both... Distant fading memory now

Edited by iainb

16 hours ago, Neila said:

Can't have done as rye house never had much shale on it, just a blue line :rolleyes:

The temporary lay and lift track from 2000, not the permanent brown concrete which followed!

There are some great pictures of the new Odsal Stadium speedway track in this week's Speedway Star.

Even if no league team is based there initially, could this magnifivent venue be used for Special Meetings, such as an English SGP perhaps, when Discovery takes over the running of the SGP series from IMG/BSI in 2022 ?  

21 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

There are some great pictures of the new Odsal Stadium speedway track in this week's Speedway Star.

Even if no league team is based there initially, could this magnifivent venue be used for Special Meetings, such as an English SGP perhaps, when Discovery takes over the running of the SGP series from IMG/BSI in 2022 ?  

Yorkshire SGP surely.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, enotian said:

Yorkshire SGP surely.

Odsal would be the only speedway stadium in England that is big enough to host a SGP, while unfortunately the Belle Vue National Stadium in Manchester isn't.

11 hours ago, Bavarian said:

Odsal would be the only speedway stadium in England that is big enough to host a SGP, while unfortunately the Belle Vue National Stadium in Manchester isn't.

The Olympic Stadium or Wembley?

12 hours ago, enotian said:

Yorkshire SGP surely.

I wouldn't put it past them knowing what some Yorkshire folk are like!