British Speedway Forum

Guest compost
12 hours ago, Bavarian said:

no speedway tracks there

Neither is there one in Cardiff but that doesn't stop them creating one for the one-off meeting.

If you can set one up there then no reason not to set one up anywhere that's similar (contract and planning issues not withstanding).

On 2/7/2021 at 9:17 PM, Bavarian said:

Odsal would be the only speedway stadium in England that is big enough to host a SGP, while unfortunately the Belle Vue National Stadium in Manchester isn't.

yes it is  !!it's held the world team cup in 2016 and SON every year  since !! the world team cup had temp stands on bends 3/4 capcity 10,000 many GP'S have crowds of 4000/6000 germany/krsko/vojens etc so NSS is more than capable :t:

Edited by GAH
  • Like 2

If Terenzano is big enough for a GP, the NSS is more than capable.

• Like 2

Belle Vue speedways an impressive facility but to me it wouldn't have the same appeal as Cardiff, Bradford or Wembley would in terms of staging a GP!

1 hour ago, 25yearfan said:

Belle Vue speedways an impressive facility but to me it wouldn't have the same appeal as Cardiff, Bradford or Wembley would in terms of staging a GP!

It certainly has a better track than any of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 25yearfan said:

that would soon be erased from your brain while watching the quality racing with the worlds best riders :party::t:

Edited by GAH
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, compost said:

Neither is there one in Cardiff but that doesn't stop them creating one for the one-off meeting.

If you can set one up there then no reason not to set one up anywhere that's similar (contract and planning issues not withstanding).

I think the turf at Cardiff is in trays that can be slid out of the stadium. Don't think you can do that at Wembly and, of course, Cardiff has  a roof.

Edited by Happy Hunter
Clarity

On 2/7/2021 at 9:17 PM, Bavarian said:

Odsal would be the only speedway stadium in England that is big enough to host a SGP, while unfortunately the Belle Vue National Stadium in Manchester isn't.

Disagree considering crowd capacity at tracks that have held previous GP’s.Guaranteed to be a sell out and some great track action.

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

The point is that Bradford (Odsal) will be the biggest Stadium in the UK that already has a speedway track.  

you to have FIM approval doubt odsal would pass that now it would cost thousands who is going to pay for that ?? there is no speedway promoters there now !!

1 hour ago, GAH said:

you to have FIM approval doubt odsal would pass that now it would cost thousands who is going to pay for that ?? there is no speedway promoters there now !!

Nothing that couldn't be overcome. Where there's a will, there's always a way.

I have absolutely nothing against Belle Vue, I think it is a nice little stadium with a fantastic speedway track. Of course, they could stage a Grand Prix there, but I believe that a bigger stadium like Bradford (Odsal), now that it will have a permanent speedway track again, would be the better option.

EUROSPORT/DISCOVERY as the new SGP/SoN rights owner from 2022 have already stated that they want to take the SGP to new places. Wouldn't You think that Bradford's Odsal Stadium would be very tempting for them?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bavarian said:

I have absolutely nothing against Belle Vue, I think it is a nice little stadium with a fantastic speedway track. Of course, they could stage a Grand Prix there, but I believe that a bigger stadium like Bradford (Odsal), now that it will have a permanent speedway track again, would be the better option.

EUROSPORT/DISCOVERY as the new SGP/SoN rights owner from 2022 have already stated that they want to take the SGP to new places. Wouldn't You think that Bradford's Odsal Stadium would be very tempting for them?

Most definitely. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Buenos Aires, Bradford. It has a ring to it

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

Most definitely. Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Buenos Aires, Bradford. It has a ring to it

Wow.... that would look good on the side of a yellow Reliant Van to promote ticket sales!!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bavarian said:

EUROSPORT/DISCOVERY as the new SGP/SoN rights owner from 2022 have already stated that they want to take the SGP to new places. Wouldn't You think that Bradford's Odsal Stadium would sox  be very tempting for them?

It takes a six figure sum to  put GPS on no one at Bradford has that sort of money they don't even have a 3rd tier national league team atm :(

Edited by GAH

13 hours ago, GAH said:

Why not?

Fences not a problem, safety areas not a problem... what else is there?

I mean they changed track size in the rulebook to fit Cardiff...