British Speedway Forum

If speedway is to return to Odsal then I don't see as a track to be used occasionly for the bigger meeting, be it BSPA or FIM meetings. We already have the NSS for that, so that will leave a return for league racing where I honestly dont see enough support for that.

57 minutes ago, screm said:

If speedway is to return to Odsal then I don't see as a track to be used occasionly for the bigger meeting, be it BSPA or FIM meetings. We already have the NSS for that, so that will leave a return for league racing where I honestly dont see enough support for that.

The advantage it has is its big capacity, maybe I’m being nostalgic but having big meetings back there would be pretty awesome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Great progress for the stadium but i hate stock car fences around speedway tracks

-

EDIT: 

Edited by f-s-p

Isn't there some regulation about how far structures need to be from the fence?

What is the situation with the hospitality building there?

15 hours ago, noaksey said:

Isn't there some regulation about how far structures need to be from the fence?

What is the situation with the hospitality building there?

There is the minimum distance required but will need some big pads on the supports. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

There is the minimum distance required but will need some big pads on the supports. 

I hope they will be using heavy heavy duty cable for the cars? If a car goes into a support, it could surely bring the lot down! :o

31 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

I hope they will be using heavy heavy duty cable for the cars? If a car goes into a support, it could surely bring the lot down! :o

Think you will find its solid meatel fence the same as at kings Lynn. But will still need padding for speedway that's for sure don't know about cars

55 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think you will find its solid meatel fence the same as at kings Lynn. But will still need padding for speedway that's for sure don't know about cars

Not quite, its steel rope with steel plate in front of it. 

149073092_2830004793887239_4816695106499

143812174_2820882484799470_2129190979286

144487148_2820882494799469_6192044014808

141061917_2816179961936389_7673417354760

No problem for Stockcars but I thought there had to be a space behind the fence for Speedway, that looks like a death trap to me, where it goes right up to the hospitality lounge.

Maybe it’s the camera angle but the third/fourth bends look much narrower than I expected, has the hospitality building encroached onto the old circuit? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe it’s the camera angle but the third/fourth bends look much narrower than I expected, has the hospitality building encroached onto the old circuit? 

I think its slightly narrower but not that much.

138280169_2809587455928973_5338025998217

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rob B said:

I think its slightly narrower but not that much.

138280169_2809587455928973_5338025998217

Don't think anyone will be brave enough to start speedway up at Bradford? But the state of speedway at the minute who knows ' hope I'm wrong. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Don't think anyone will be brave enough to start speedway up at Bradford? But the state of speedway at the minute who knows ' hope I'm wrong. 

A group seriously interested in reviving speedway have been in conversation with the stock car people. Sticking point is the landlords estimation of the value he requires per meeting.

15 hours ago, foamfence said:

No problem for Stockcars but I thought there had to be a space behind the fence for Speedway, that looks like a death trap to me, where it goes right up to the hospitality lounge.

If it is considered a new track, then there should be a 2 metre safety gap between the fence and the spectators i believe.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Rob B said:

Not quite, its steel rope with steel plate in front of it. 

Does that not make it a solid steel fence?:unsure: