British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Seems to me it’s a big dream to think Odsal could be the venue for a world speedway Gp one off meeting in 2021, 2022 or any other year unless a lot of money is thrown at it.  Who has got the money and the inclination to fulfill the dreams of a few fans.

Cardiff is a one off and it doesn't even have a track

52 minutes ago, Ray Stadia said:

Or could they be converted into fold down lamp columns? :unsure:

The lighting columns are at least 3 metres back from the fence on turns 3 & 4, allow for air bags as well, and the riders usually enter & exit the bends on the inside of the track, I can't see this being a problem. I would also box in the hospitality suite supports & utilise the space for further advertising revenue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ch958 said:

Cardiff is a one off and it doesn't even have a track

Cardiff - It’s a meeting guaranteed.

5 hours ago, Halifordukesfan said:

The lighting columns are at least 3 metres back from the fence on turns 3 & 4, allow for air bags as well, and the riders usually enter & exit the bends on the inside of the track, I can't see this being a problem. I would also box in the hospitality suite supports & utilise the space for further advertising revenue.

2 meter safety zone is required outside the fence.

As for FIM track license (as in license for a track, not facilities) cant see it being as complicated as HA thinks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

Cardiff - It’s a meeting guaranteed.

Not this year unfortunately.

On 4/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, noaksey said:

How long would it take to obtain one?

I honestly imagine it depends on the money involved. For example if a stadium such as Cardiff with a roof and a massive capacity became available I imagine many of the hoops say for example Poole with a smaller capacity would have to jump through would be removed.

26 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

I honestly imagine it depends on the money involved. For example if a stadium such as Cardiff with a roof and a massive capacity became available I imagine many of the hoops say for example Poole with a smaller capacity would have to jump through would be removed.

They have to consider things like parking and nearby accommodation and travel facilities.

Cardiff is like the Monte Carlo of the Speedway GP - It has glitz and glamour. It is set on a waterfront. It is a temporary tight small circuit and just like the Monte Carlo of F1 overtaking is minimal and first out the traps usually wins. I'd love to see the GP return to Osdal. A proper big, wide,  racers track. Maybe they could stage a Commonwealth GP? 

9 minutes ago, JamesHarris said:

Cardiff is like the Monte Carlo of the Speedway GP - It has glitz and glamour. It is set on a waterfront. It is a temporary tight small circuit and just like the Monte Carlo of F1 overtaking is minimal and first out the traps usually wins. I'd love to see the GP return to Osdal. A proper big, wide,  racers track. Maybe they could stage a Commonwealth GP? 

How do we know Osdal will be a racers track? It never used to be a racers track.

• Confused 1

well they will not be pushing the bikes around thats for certain ,  racers in races , whatever next !

will it be the 1970 shale ?

How many times as it got to be said there will not be any speedway this year or next year.  

Startrax have announced ticket availability and pricing for the Stock Car World Final later in the year.

That will be their major focus beyond the big task of getting the place ready for opening night. 

And with a two day final where tickets are £39 per night to stand it should be a pay day that will make all his hard work worthwhile.

• Like 1

In my view, Cardiff succeeds for several reasons like it has a roof, it has a very large capacity, it’s in a city centre so is accessible by public transport as well as having plentiful accommodation (at an inflated price). Is there any other stadium in UK that does all of that?

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 5:54 PM, Wee Eck said:

In my view, Cardiff succeeds for several reasons like it has a roof, it has a very large capacity, it’s in a city centre so is accessible by public transport as well as having plentiful accommodation (at an inflated price). Is there any other stadium in UK that does all of that?

Wouldn't Wembley be mostly covered in wet conditions? :unsure: