British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, OveFundinFan said:

That’s not profit.

Of course not .......

17 hours ago, noaksey said:

The fact that no speedway promoter has come forward at this stage probably tells us what we need to know.

A few had approached the owner , including a consortium, and were frightened off by the payments demanded plus the issues with stanchions too close to the fence.

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

A few had approached the owner , including a consortium, and were frightened off by the payments demanded plus the issues with stanchions too close to the fence.

Yes fair comment then

I should reword it that no speedway promoter has managed to conclude a deal.

I'm still intruiged as to how anyone could or would fund the speedway infrastructure costs and probably expect to lose money in all but National League racing.

Be interesting to see how it pans out 

3 hours ago, noaksey said:

Yes fair comment then

I should reword it that no speedway promoter has managed to conclude a deal.

I'm still intruiged as to how anyone could or would fund the speedway infrastructure costs and probably expect to lose money in all but National League racing.

Be interesting to see how it pans out 

They would certainly also lose money at NDL level with the implied costs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eric i said:

Track reminds me of the Good Old Days at Berwick with Peter Waite and Billy the Bowser.:D

Still looks like a wonderful stadium!

I read somewhere that the track was inspected by some speedway authority and it was said that the track passed all safety obligations which included the stanchions.

They look very close to the fence so I wonder how you could make them safe enough to prevent potential serious injuries if a rider was catapaulted into them?  

Really was a special feeling walking back into the old girl Saturday night. 4000 was the restricted limit and that felt empty still. Cracking venue.

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 8:01 PM, 25yearfan said:

Still looks like a wonderful stadium!

I read somewhere that the track was inspected by some speedway authority and it was said that the track passed all safety obligations which included the stanchions.

They look very close to the fence so I wonder how you could make them safe enough to prevent potential serious injuries if a rider was catapaulted into them?  

No ‘ official ‘ inspection has taken place as no speedway licence has been applied for .

The grandstand supports would be an issue as they are too close the the fence for speedway and boarding over them would block the view of spectators but, as no promoter has taken on the role, it won’t be a problem as there won’t be speedway at Odsal until one comes forward.

1 hour ago, Ringitsneck said:

No ‘ official ‘ inspection has taken place as no speedway licence has been applied for .

The grandstand supports would be an issue as they are too close the the fence for speedway and boarding over them would block the view of spectators but, as no promoter has taken on the role, it won’t be a problem as there won’t be speedway at Odsal until one comes forward.

Grandstand supports ?

I understand that the supports under the 'new' facilty on the third and fourth bends would need added protection of some sort but surely no spectators would have their view blocked there ?

On 5/25/2021 at 3:03 PM, eric i said:

How did they cope with so many cars getting on and off track?

Are the pits still in the same place?

4000 seems a great figure in speedway terms!! 

23 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

OK thought I'd read somewhere that the track had been looked at and it was deemed good enough for speedway?

Grandstand? - Do you mean the executive box on the 3rd or 4th bend or the actual grandstand on the home straight which was there when speedway was last staged in 1997 and hasn't got supports near the fence? 

I'm sure the stanchions holding up the executive box could have safety barriers covering them and wouldn't block any views of the crowd cause no spectators would be present underneath the executive box.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 25yearfan said:

OK thought I'd read somewhere that the track had been looked at and it was deemed good enough for speedway?

Grandstand? - Do you mean the executive box on the 3rd or 4th bend or the actual grandstand on the home straight which was there when speedway was last staged in 1997 and hasn't got supports near the fence? 

I'm sure the stanchions holding up the executive box could have safety barriers covering them and wouldn't block any views of the crowd cause no spectators would be present underneath the executive box.

Perhaps they could remove the stanchions for speedway meetings? :t:

• Haha 1