British Speedway Forum

On 5/26/2021 at 12:07 AM, teaboy279 said:

Really was a special feeling walking back into the old girl Saturday night. 4000 was the restricted limit and that felt empty still. Cracking venue.

Crowd would have only been around 2000, as that is currently the number of tickets available for events at the moment, info on startrax ticket information page.

Speedway would be delighted at a weekly crowd of 2000.

• Confused 1

Sunday 30th May 2021
Bradford Bulls 37 York 18 Attendance 3,742
Admission £22 seats £20 standing Prog £3.00

Seemingly 4000 current crowd limit for rugby. 

Edited by Mr Ore
update

3 hours ago, Mr Ore said:

Sunday 30th May 2021
Bradford Bulls 37 York 18 Attendance 3,742
Admission £22 seats £20 standing Prog £3.00

Seemingly 4000 current crowd limit for rugby. 

That is correct, presumably limit will increase for stockcars.

23 minutes ago, Halifordukesfan said:

That is correct, presumably limit will increase for stockcars.

Why would there be more for stockers than egg chasing?

41 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Isn't the Government guideline 4K or half capacity whichever is the lower, No doubt in the Rugby the players, management and physios etc count towards the 4K. Thats what happens at Football in stadiums with the 4K limit

• Like 2

4 hours ago, noaksey said:

Better motorsport for one

• Like 1

Videos of Odsal online from last night show crowd obviously well in excess of 2000 as some have suggested here.

4k looks more likely.

• Like 1

Let’s hope Steve Rees pulls in really decent crowds, gets his investment back and some. Speedway could then leap frog on his success at some point in the future.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I fear the only option maybe if Rees decides to run himself 

Wasn't he talking tentatively about the National League as a future possibility 

2 hours ago, Grand Central said:

Videos of Odsal online from last night show crowd obviously well in excess of 2000 as some have suggested here.

4k looks more likely.

I was there last night. I believe the official limit was 4,000 and It looked to be somewhere around that mark.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Obviously he has had involvement in the past, and he is a speedway fan, but I get the impression he has enough on his plate running the stock cars, without the added stress of running a speedway promotion as well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, noaksey said:

Hasnt it been past experience that where stock cars are involved speedway take second best. If that is the case, would it be a good move.

59 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Hasnt it been past experience that where stock cars are involved speedway take second best. If that is the case, would it be a good move.

If Speedway is second best when it comes to numbers of spectators / profitability etc. then you have to accept that ,

and be thankful that the Stock Car promoter is happy to share a track with speedway

Too many Speedway fans moan about sharing a stadium with Stock Cars, greyhounds, etc.    yet it is often the other activities that keep the stadium going as a business

• Like 2

1 hour ago, djr said:

If Speedway is second best when it comes to numbers of spectators / profitability etc. then you have to accept that ,

and be thankful that the Stock Car promoter is happy to share a track with speedway

Too many Speedway fans moan about sharing a stadium with Stock Cars, greyhounds, etc.    yet it is often the other activities that keep the stadium going as a business

Having some major stock car meetings has definitely helped Kings Lynn Speedway...

The stadium upgrade wouldnt have happened with just Speedway income I would have thought..

I believe this year Odsal has the World Final so maybe that will impact the KL finances? 

It does appear that a great many things help "subsidise" lots of Speedway clubs to compete, as the fan numbers dont always cover the costs, so whether fans like it or not, sometimes you just have to accept it and live with it..

• Like 1