British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, keepturningleft said:

Watching the videos, the track doesn't appear to have quite the same shape as it did.

The corners look much tighter.

Well, it is exactly the same.

On 6/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, Gringo said:

The Bulls are back playing at Odsal.

Yeah,I went yesterday for the footy:t:

IMG20210725142813.jpg

• Like 3

Looks like the same crowd numbers the Speedway used to get :rofl:

The place is looking good though!

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, iainb said:

Looks like the same crowd numbers the Speedway used to get :rofl:

The place is looking good though!

:lol:

Gates had only just opened when I took the pic.;)

Looking good indeed:t:

• Like 3

New promoters announced for the stock cars,taking over both Odsal and Owlerton stocks.Talking of possibly a new surface at Odsal,though I don't know if that means removing the shale,which cut up badly towards the end of last year's season,admittedly after quite heavy rain.

On 3/6/2022 at 6:52 PM, Derrickn said:

Looks like they are keeping the shale track,so maybe hope for speedway yet,in years to come.

My daughter was speaking a RFL Rep at a recent match  he said both RFL and the Stocks promotion  are  hopeful  for s/way to return to Odsal possible as soon as 2023 !

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

My daughter was speaking a RFL Rep at a recent match  he said both RFL and the Stocks promotion  are  hopeful  for s/way to return to Odsal possible as soon as 2023 !

yeah bring back Bradford Dukes!!! great stadium as well.

17 hours ago, FAST GATER said:

We live in hope!

• Like 1

Halifax was the real hotbed of the sport in that area so any new team at Odsal should be called Halifax "Odsal" Dukes and in the old red blue and white colours the Dukes used!

Saturday nights in the 2nd Division would be the best option I reckon for anyone brave enough to do it!

Edited by 25yearfan

Well then any Halifax fans should be hoping for one maybe two current teams to close over next winter then, or else who the bloody hell is going to ride for them???

I fear my team may be one of them :(

5 minutes ago, 25yearfan said:

Halifax was the real hotbed of the sport in that area so any new team at Odsal should be called Halifax "Odsal" Dukes and in the old red blue and white colours the Dukes used!

Saturday nights in the 2nd Division would be the best option I reckon for anyone brave enough to do it!

it can't be Halifax in Bradford, although if it was in Halfax there'd be better crowds

• Like 1