British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Forget Odsal but Workington will be back but at which level ? Would make sense to start NDL ( if it still exists in 2023 ) whilst they build up the facilities , small steps at a time.

I don't know why NDL wouldn't exist, its probablt the most vibrant and cost effective division

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

I don't know why NDL wouldn't exist, its probablt the most vibrant and cost effective division

2 hours ago, ch958 said:

With one fixture a month ?…..

I do hope it survives in its current form but the hole of speedway needs a shake up from the top down.

The push for speedway at Odsal was coming from the stock car promoter, Steve Rees, who was actively looking for someone to take it on. But Steve has now sold up to Yorstox. They also run stock cars at Sheffield so maybe they’d look at speedway at Odsal? I know a few had a look last year, including as a possible GP venue, but no one took it up probably due to the high cost of reshaping the track so it was suitable for speedway. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 11:35 AM, tyretrax said:

Where are the riders coming from? We are constantly told there's not enough riders for one league never mind another four teams.

Edinburgh, Newcastle and Birmingham

That was over 18 months ago.The rugby are back at Odsal,but not happy as the track has reduced the width of thier pitch to less than 60 metres.

Fresh info from Polish TV commentators: "Possible 2 GP rounds next year in Great Britain. Cardiff + Bradford." 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krompa said:

Fresh info from Polish TV commentators: "Possible 2 GP rounds next year in Great Britain. Cardiff + Bradford." 

Did they sound serious or was it just hopeful banter?

1 hour ago, krompa said:

Source of the Polish information?…speculation or insider knowledge?.

3 hours ago, customhouseregular said:

Source of the Polish information?…speculation or insider knowledge?.

Eleven Sports guys and they were pretty serious saying that. 

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would love to see a GP at odsal as I can do a day trip from Cumbria, but it may distract the crowd from Cardiff, then making this unviable !!

• Like 1

turf has to be lifted at Cardiff, so I imagine thats what would have to happen at Odsal. 

Can't see it !!

The cost of putting a temporary track in at Odsal would be vastly greater than potentially putting a temporary stand up at Belle Vue in order to increase the attendance.

• Confused 1

I thought they were laying a shale track anyway for a cars.

The tracks already in and there has already been loads of stock car meetings. Not sure it would meet FIM standards though.