British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, Bavarian said:

The point is that Bradford (Odsal) will be the biggest Stadium in the UK that already has a speedway track.  

It’s still “ pie in the sky” whether there will be speedway at Osdal, never mind a FIM standard spec.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, f-s-p said:

Why not?

Fences not a problem, safety areas not a problem... what else is there?

I mean they changed track size in the rulebook to fit Cardiff...

loads more to it than that !! health and safety for fans etc and who is going to pay a six figure sum ???  as it stands there is no speedway promoter so it's pie in the sky :nono:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

It’s still “ pie in the sky” whether there will be speedway at Osdal, never mind a FIM standard spec.

correct talk about running before you can walk lol :t:

1 hour ago, GAH said:

loads more to it than that !! health and safety for fans etc and who is going to pay a six figure sum ???  as it stands there is no speedway promoter so it's pie in the sky :nono:

U said it needs FIM approval and I said thats not a problem. FIM is not about health and safety. It dont need a speedway promoter to have  SGP at Odsal. They need a bspa/acu licensed promoter that says I have this guy, he pays, lets do it at Odsal.

55 minutes ago, f-s-p said:

U said it needs FIM approval and I said thats not a problem. FIM is not about health and safety. It dont need a speedway promoter to have  SGP at Odsal. They need a bspa/acu licensed promoter that says I have this guy, he pays, lets do it at Odsal.

well when you find a person with six figure sum to come forward please let us all know the track has not been passed by british authorities for even national league yet talk a running before you can walk :unsure::rolleyes: pie in the sky !!

15 minutes ago, GAH said:

well when you find a person with six figure sum to come forward please let us all know the track has not been passed by british authorities for even national league yet talk a running before you can walk :unsure::rolleyes: pie in the sky !!

Has the stadium got a health and safety certificate, let alone the track. When was the last time Odsal staged a full capacity sporting event.

• Like 1

Speedway has been gone from Bradford for a few years now so is there still the appetite and support for speedway in the city. You can lay the track, select the team but all of that is pretty pointless if the people are not there to support it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, screm said:

Speedway has been gone from Bradford for a few years now so is there still the appetite and support for speedway in the city. You can lay the track, select the team but all of that is pretty pointless if the people are not there to support it.

It's been over 23 years now, the last season in 1997 they won the league and the crowds were poor then, I cant see there being an appetite now. Maybe for one off bigger meetings.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GAH said:

I am a little confused and possibly naive but what is passed by the british authorities at Cardiff that allows them to run a GP?

5 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

I am a little confused and possibly naive but what is passed by the british authorities at Cardiff that allows them to run a GP?

Gps are a law unto themselves and that git who sticks his sickly product in everyone's hand before they're interviewed. The statement to which you answered was about league racing.

14 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

All FIM meetings need a FMN (acu) and they need a local club. Cardiff has always been promoted by BSI, dont know which local/uk club they use. Or they just use acu.

Edited by f-s-p

21 hours ago, f-s-p said:

All FIM meetings need a FMN (acu) and they need a local club. Cardiff has always been promoted by BSI, dont know which local/uk club they use. Or they just use acu.

Was told today that all the stock car fence is in now and the base shale should to be laid next week and also they found a local shale supplier near Bradford. 

On 2/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, cityrebel said:

Has the stadium got a health and safety certificate, let alone the track. When was the last time Odsal staged a full capacity sporting event.

I guess that if it doesn't have one now, it'll have to have one soon with the stox starting up and the Bulls planning to return mid year.

14 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Was told today that all the stock car fence is in now and the base shale should to be laid next week and also they found a local shale supplier near Bradford. 

Great progress for the stadium but i hate stock car fences around speedway tracks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Great progress for the stadium but i hate stock car fences around speedway tracks

But now the fence will be covered by airbags  Unlike years ago !!

• Like 1