British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chris116

Edinburgh Monarchs v Eastbourne Eagles 16th August 2019

Plymouth, Scunthorpe and Glasgow have all postponed their matches for this evening so the only match still on is at Armadale with the Monarchs hoping to clip the Eagles wings. 

Looking at a couple of weather forecasts shows that while they give very different answers they do agree that rain for prolonged periods is a probability! Now admittedly they are both Edinburgh forecasts and we all know Armadale can have very different weather, I do fear that the chances of any racing this evening is slim. Can anyone local let us know how the weather is at the moment? 

EDIT - Good news from the Monarchs website at 2.30pm they were working on the track and had not had any rain since 11am. Looks like we might get some racing tonight at Armadale.

Edited by Chris116

Teams according to the BSPA are as follows:-

EDINBURGH: Sam Masters, James Sarjeant, Josh Pickering, Ricky Wells, Cameron Heeps, Connor Coles, William Lawson.
EASTBOURNE: Nick Morris, Georgie Wood, Kyle Newman, Lewis Kerr, Richard Lawson, Alfie Bowtell, Jason Edwards.

Probably the first time in my life I'll say this.  I hope Edinburgh pump them 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Paulco said:

With glasgow rained off why not go and watch them :D

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

With glasgow rained off why not go and watch them :D

Come on now that's asking a bit much lol.   

Hopefully this meeting goes ahead.  Not able to attend so will hopefully catch this on EMTV. 

As one of the juniors is travelling six hours to ride here I hope it's on or they make a very early call off as he's got a hefty fuel bill and no wages to compensate it.

Might come through to support James Sargeant if it is on. Need a speedway fix its been too long

2 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

As one of the juniors is travelling six hours to ride here I hope it's on or they make a very early call off as he's got a hefty fuel bill and no wages to compensate it.

just like we all had to do on Wednesday. 

unfortunately that's part of speedway life

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

Might come through to support James Sargeant if it is on. Need a speedway fix its been too long

Yeah try and get along. If not the qualifying is on tv tonight.

Georgie Wood ,,I hope he is fit enough to ride and get some points,Eastbourne will definately need that ...

7 hours ago, Paulco said:

And the last