British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Eastbourne Eagles SGB Championship Sun 18 August 2019 @ 6.30pm

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes. Eastbourne did well especially when in heat 3 Kyle Newman got a bit of a dodgy decision against him. Resulted in a 5-1 to us. Then sorry to say but heat 8 and heat 12 when Danny Phillips could not beat Jason Edwards. But if Worrall and Jorgensen were scoring what they should be Danny's 1 from two against Edwards would not have mattered.

Jason Edwards got better as the meeting went on, considering he could hardly get around in his first outing, Phillips should have beaten him all evening but not to be, then Edwards was not far off Bjerre either

So - given it time to collect my thoughts and not be accused of a having a knee jerk reaction - BUT still have the same view I had last night - the team is garbage, and worst of all not worthy to wear the black and white - very few look like they are interested, and I 'm sorry to say lack motivation and leadership from the top - team management last night and against Somerset was amateurish at best.

Some fans may point to the fact that we are cup finalists - lets be realistic this was the most one-sided draw in the history of cup competitions, if we had faced ANY of the teams in the other half of the draw we would have lost - we are in the final due to the luck of the draw and home advantage .

We'd better hope Redcar get to the final at least there will be some of their fans there - I can't see many diamonds fans stomaching the trash we watched last night - crowds will be well down from now on!!!!

10 minutes ago, Mad Max said:

So - given it time to collect my thoughts and not be accused of a having a knee jerk reaction - BUT still have the same view I had last night - the team is garbage, and worst of all not worthy to wear the black and white - very few look like they are interested, and I 'm sorry to say lack motivation and leadership from the top - team management last night and against Somerset was amateurish at best.

Some fans may point to the fact that we are cup finalists - lets be realistic this was the most one-sided draw in the history of cup competitions, if we had faced ANY of the teams in the other half of the draw we would have lost - we are in the final due to the luck of the draw and home advantage .

We'd better hope Redcar get to the final at least there will be some of their fans there - I can't see many diamonds fans stomaching the trash we watched last night - crowds will be well down from now on!!!!

The draw was the draw and we made the most of it.  We are cup finalists, so should make the most of it.  Granted, League form has been disappointing and, as I told Martin Phillips in the pits last night, I expected a lot better from this team and so did he.  Perhaps (and hopefully) lessons have been learned.

Edited by StevePark
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Read it again ;)

Now edited as I just have done! LOL!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Now edited as I just have done! LOL!

Aye, I had to look again. There's a lot of truth in the saying, 'measure twice and cut once' :t:

12 hours ago, soupy said:

I do not mind losing as long as riders ride to the average and look like wanting to win the match as you have to give credit to the other team.Well done Eastbourne on the win. We are bottom of the league, We are bottom of the league...

Feel sorry for weathers & an injured max as at least they still try & put a smile on us the fans boat races.. well done both riders 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

Feel sorry for weathers & an injured max as at least they still try & put a smile on us the fans boat races.. well done both riders 

Was talking to someone last night, a life long Diamonds fan and integral part of Newcastle speedway and, along with myself, has never known, 'the lack of retained riders from the previous season'. Maybe the 'big broom' sweep out hasn't worked ?,,, If the speedway is to continue next year (hopefully), I would try and keep 3, maybe 4, if Worrall is just having a 'blip'. This season has been very disappointing, but the lack of fixtures doesn't help. Fans want continuity and only the 'powers that be' can make it possible.

Maybe the ship is on an uneven keel ?

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 or 4 ????   I would only take back max and matty

ulrich has done nowt wrong but this aint his track and danny just isn't good enough

tj and bjerre ……………..  no way 

steve - I like steve …. but I think he inparticular for himself needs an injury free season away us - he looks stale and lets be honest the last 3 seasons here have been pretty miserable with weak sides incapable of winning owt  

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Was talking to someone last night, a life long Diamonds fan and integral part of Newcastle speedway and, along with myself, has never known, 'the lack of retained riders from the previous season'. Maybe the 'big broom' sweep out hasn't worked ?,,, If the speedway is to continue next year (hopefully), I would try and keep 3, maybe 4, if Worrall is just having a 'blip'. This season has been very disappointing, but the lack of fixtures doesn't help. Fans want continuity and only the 'powers that be' can make it possible.

Maybe the ship is on an uneven keel ?

You need riders who can ride Newcastle and want to ride for us.

20 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

You need riders who can ride Newcastle and want to ride for us.

That might narrow things down a bit.

48 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

3 or 4 ????   I would only take back max and matty

ulrich has done nowt wrong but this aint his track and danny just isn't good enough

tj and bjerre ……………..  no way 

steve - I like steve …. but I think he inparticular for himself needs an injury free season away us - he looks stale and lets be honest the last 3 seasons here have been pretty miserable with weak sides incapable of winning owt  

I wouldn't have any of the Danish lot back, they just seem to sizzle when it gets hot ;)

• Haha 2

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

That might narrow things down a bit.

Yep.

On 8/19/2019 at 7:25 PM, StevePark said:

The draw was the draw and we made the most of it.  We are cup finalists, so should make the most of it.  Granted, League form has been disappointing and, as I told Martin Phillips in the pits last night, I expected a lot better from this team and so did he.  Perhaps (and hopefully) lessons have been learned.

Your kidding yourself if you think and believe that. 

2 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Your kidding yourself if you think and believe that. 

Hence "perhaps" and "(hopefully)".