British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Eastbourne Eagles SGB Championship Sun 18 August 2019 @ 6.30pm

Rene Bach, Teri aarnio and Ashley Morris all need to make returns... Along with Max and Matty... Honestly Danny would be an ok number 7 if the league is just as weak again... All we need from there is a strong number 1... I'd love Steve but I feel his time at Newcastle is coming to an end... ☹️

Something like

1. Steve or Richie perhaps Ben barker

2. Ashley morris

3. Teri aarnio

4. Matthew wethers

5. Rene bach

6. Danny Phillips

7. Max clegg

Honestly might not be the best team ever... But full of trier's and would be very fun to watch imo... Also have no idea where averages would lie here... How much we'd have for last rider

Edited by Dandelion

19 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Rene Bach, Teri aarnio and Ashley Morris all need to make returns... Along with Max and Matty... Honestly Danny would be an ok number 7 if the league is just as weak again... All we need from there is a strong number 1... I'd love Steve but I feel his time at Newcastle is coming to an end... ☹️

Something like

2. Ashley morris

3. Teri aarnio

4. Matthew wethers

5. Rene bach

6. Danny Phillips

7. Max clegg

Honestly might not be the best team ever... But full of trier's and would be very fun to watch imo... Also have no idea where averages would lie here... How much we'd have for last rider

Please no Danny Phillips.He is by no way the blame for a poor season by the team but unfortunately Danny is just not improving. Some might say his scores have improved at home but when you analyse it he usually beats one or both away reserves in heat 2 but then struggles there after. Once the away reserves have had their first ride and then changed things they usually beat him after that. A typical example was Eastbourne's Jason Edwards. Danny comfortably beat him in heat 2 on Sunday but then couldn't pass him in other heats. He just followed him around never putting him under pressure. Things probably look worse for him as a few of his team mates are under performing. Rant over!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Something like

2. Ashley morris

3. Teri aarnio

4. Matthew wethers

5. Rene bach

6. Danny Phillips

7. Max clegg

I reckon with Steve or Richie in that that team it could be over the points limit (especially when I think they are going to reduce the limit by at least a point for next season) although with the 2.5% might be ok (haven't checked!).

IF Tero continues in Poland I doubt he will be back and I think you can forget Rene Bach too.

Edited by StevePark

I think the biggest factor in building any team for next year is finance, all very well throwing names about but if you can't afford the rider it's no use on bankrupting the club just to sign a 'name' .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Winditon said:

Please no Danny Phillips.He is by no way the blame for a poor season by the team but unfortunately Danny is just not improving. Some might say his scores have improved at home but when you analyse it he usually beats one or both away reserves in heat 2 but then struggles there after. Once the away reserves have had their first ride and then changed things they usually beat him after that. A typical example was Eastbourne's Jason Edwards. Danny comfortably beat him in heat 2 on Sunday but then couldn't pass him in other heats. He just followed him around never putting him under pressure. Things probably look worse for him as a few of his team mates are under performing. Rant over!!!

Nobody passed anybody apart from Matty on Morris in his second ride. The track needs to be prepared the way it was for the Edinburgh cup match with more dirt on it. It's been completely different since the Edinburgh fixture ( one of the best meetings, race wise, in years). since then we've had 45 heats of racing with 4 passes (if we're lucky) after the 2nd bend. Put some bloody muck on it instead of it being softy southerners slick as concrete. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

I reckon with Steve or Richie in that that team it could be over the points limit (especially when I think they are going to reduce the limit by at least a point for next season) although with the 2.5% might be ok (haven't checked!).

IF Tero continues in Poland I doubt he will be back and I think you can forget Rene Bach too.

Why would they lower the points limit again? Are they going to a one league next season?

1 hour ago, leander said:

Nobody passed anybody apart from Matty on Morris in his second ride. The track needs to be prepared the way it was for the Edinburgh cup match with more dirt on it. It's been completely different since the Edinburgh fixture ( one of the best meetings, race wise, in years). since then we've had 45 heats of racing with 4 passes (if we're lucky) after the 2nd bend. Put some bloody muck on it instead of it being softy southerners slick as concrete. 

Keeping your home fans entertained should be priority, as their the most likely to come back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

Why would they lower the points limit again? Are they going to a one league next season?

I am pretty sure what they said at the start of this year was it would be gradually reduced over the next three seasons.

16 minutes ago, StevePark said:

I am pretty sure what they said at the start of this year was it would be gradually reduced over the next three seasons.

That sounds like when they water the beer down in the club,,, eventually everybody will get used to it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, leander said:

Doesn't matter what kind of track you have. Danny Phillips doesn't know how to pass. Can't pass or won't pass. Just my opinion.

5 hours ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Steve seems to sorted himself out, at least at Birmingham last night. Four wins from five rides

On tonight's results it shows KING’S LYNN Thomas Jorgensen top scores once again with 12+1
and BELLE VUE Steve Worrall 8, similar score to what he's been getting for us hmm! 

19 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Something like

2. Ashley morris

3. Teri aarnio

4. Matthew wethers

5. Rene bach

6. Danny Phillips

7. Max clegg

In my opinion Danny isn't up to the standard of the league, I've missed the last 3 matches and understand his scores have improved but does that mean he has improved as a rider, doubt it. In your team I would have Richie rather than Steve as think he is the better or more consistent rider, wouldn't touch Barker with a barge pole, too much baggage. I thought I'd read that Bach was done with the UK due to having a young family. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

In my opinion Danny isn't up to the standard of the league, I've missed the last 3 matches and understand his scores have improved but does that mean he has improved as a rider, doubt it. In your team I would have Richie rather than Steve as think he is the better or more consistent rider, wouldn't touch Barker with a barge pole, too much baggage. I thought I'd read that Bach was done with the UK due to having a young family. 

Totally agree with you

On 8/19/2019 at 2:41 PM, leander said:

And just what would you have done differently? You can only use the reserves to replace under performers in the top 5.

Max carrying an injury after heat 2, and probably should have withdrawn from the meeting. Though he was stuffed by TJ in heat7.

Do you really think Danny would have done any better than any of the top 5.

You can't blame the manager when 3 of the top 5 don't turn up.

think you will find i was not blaming the manager , more laughing at how brutal the home team was