British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle Diamonds vs Eastbourne Eagles SGB Championship Sun 18 August 2019 @ 6.30pm

Guest Loose Diamond
7 hours ago, M.D said:

We are not exactly the form team away from Arlo, but you never know..

Im not disappointed with how our season has gone, giving young Edwards rides is a good thing for next season. Fantastic at home, shocking away but its a season of re building, I would expect us to be a different side away next season..

I saw him at Redcar and looked really good. His first ride at Newcastle tonight was a bit shaky but improved as meeting got on and the Diamonds went downhill.

Guest Loose Diamond
Just now, cityrebel said:

I was being sarcastic.

I know. I meant Newcastle are bottom. They way certain riders are going I cannot see them winning another match .

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

Shocking tonight. Lead by 12 and lose by 4!!!??  Jorgensen, Worrall and Bjerre garbage. Bottom now and will end up there at end of season. Max must be injured after Bowtell t-boned him. How many riders can you get rid of in one go??

Jorgensen Worrell and Bjerre garbage all season 

I honestly thought Newcastle had a good team when they made their changes. They are Cup Finalists! But some of their riders are miles below what they should be doing.

Very disappointing performance by the Diamonds, two heat leaders who before they were signed stated their dislike of the track and a No. 1 who is a shadow of the rider he was. Many dissatisfied fans muttering on the terraces tonight, not about the bravery of the riders just the seeming lack of application and willingness to mix it. Too late to salvage anything this season, both cup semi finalists should be too strong for us both home and away. I know we don't just go to see our team win but when the racing is uncompetitive you can understand why people don't come back. I really fear for the survival of the diamonds.

• Like 4

cityrebel - we are lacking a sense of humour atm :)

Edited by mauger65

6 minutes ago, erniew said:

Very disappointing performance by the Diamonds, two heat leaders who before they were signed stated their dislike of the track and a No. 1 who is a shadow of the rider he was. Many dissatisfied fans muttering on the terraces tonight, not about the bravery of the riders just the seeming lack of application and willingness to mix it. Too late to salvage anything this season, both cup semi finalists should be too strong for us both home and away. I know we don't just go to see our team win but when the racing is uncompetitive you can understand why people don't come back. I really fear for the survival of the diamonds.

lots of mutterings by fans tonight ….. if the riders cant be arsed … why should we 

the real cup final is Eastbourne v redcar ………………………   the winner will probably beat us home and away in the final

for 2020 I would only bring back matty and max.... assuming there is a 2020 

12 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Eagles look stronger with Morris in for Kennett, could easily go their way.

You got that spot on 

who was the team manager tonight Kevin Keegan , twelve points clear in front and blew the lead again:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, homer said:

who was the team manager tonight Kevin Keegan , twelve points clear in front and blew the lead again:rofl:

Ouch.

• Haha 1

Went up there tonight to watch thinking Newcastle were gonna have this given Eastbourne's last two results up North and  Given how well Clegg can go around Brough thought he would be up there.

What started out well for the Diamonds I think they got a shock when the Eagles kept chipping away and not giving up was some consolation to end their three meeting tour.

It was a case of "You snooze you lose" for the Diamonds tonight.

The biggest noise was coming from the Eastbourne fans and fair play to them.

I too wondered if some riders are dropping back  to change their averages for next season and with Newcastle down the bottom are they bothered now.

Not good for the fans.

Edited by Speedway4ever
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Loose Diamond said:

How many riders can you get rid of in one go??

A suppose as many as you like, if you have any to take their places.

6 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Went up there tonight to watch thinking Newcastle were gonna have this given Eastbourne's last two results up North and  Given how well Clegg can go around Brough thought he would be up there.

What started out well for the Diamonds I think they got a shock when the Eagles kept chipping away and not giving up was some consolation to end their three meeting tour.

It was a case of "You snooze you lose" for the Diamonds tonight.

The biggest noise was coming from the Eastbourne fans and fair play to them.

I too wondered if some riders are dropping back  to change their averages for next season and with Newcastle down the bottom are they bothered now.

I hope you were not driving.

• Haha 1