British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tellboy

King's Lynn v Peterborugh 19/08/2019

Wasn't there tonight. What happened to Ty 3,3,3,3,r a month ago.... 0,0,0, tonight. :blink:

Cost me money ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

Just now, Crumpet77 said:

Probably proves that it was wise to sack him. 

Was the fire in his belly all ran out last time... The biggest difference in scoring you can get. 12 from 4 completed rides to 0 from 3.

5 hours ago, kelvinht said:

How did Lambert get all those rides, he never looked like scoring after Garrity unintentionally but the wotsits up him in his first ride. Kerr should have taken two of them. Simon is the only rider who can rlead into turn one but be last by turn two!

Couldn't work out Harris either, in his first ride he appeared to be all over Tungate with out making the pass, looked like he didn't want too, then in his second ride seemed to be inviting Nicholls  through.

Any why no MPT in heat 15, surely he deserved it over at least Harris...

Just as well we weren't against a better team. Belle Vue may not be quite so easy on Thursday, particularly if Frike rides

Agree re Lambert,how does he get 5 rides and Kerr only 4.Kerr 7+2 from 4,Lambert 2 from 5.Madness imo from the team manager which gave Peterborough a sniff after ht12 only being 6pts down.

Not the best of meetings, but it should be noted the Panthers really fought hard.    It was only  at the latter end of the meeting when all the points became secure...  Cant believe so many hold ups through the night..  I was actually sitting in the Royal Box, watching the Poole / Swindon Heat 15 on my phone during the interval.  The fact they both started at the same time make you realise  how drawn out these meeting are becoming.....   Even,  Belle Vue with half a team, using multiple use of R/R,  was finished 20 min before we did...

• Like 1

I hope that Buster at least thinks about and considers why there were so few paying supporters for what was a "dynamic" local derby. Yes, Panthers are at a low ebb ( brought about by Buster ) but punched above their weight, to some extent and the tactical decisions ( including the use of reserves ) by the Stars team manager gave the Panthers a lifeline of sorts. There were less than 1.000 in the crowd, perhaps not much below that but 10 or 15 years ago a local derby would have been treble that or more. Worth pondering over.

• Like 1

People saving their pennies for Thursday perhaps, plus can’t imagine there were too many P’boro supporters there. The absence of Lambert must have an affect too. 

34 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

People saving their pennies for Thursday perhaps, plus can’t imagine there were too many P’boro supporters there. The absence of Lambert must have an affect too. 

Everyone I spoke too mentioned how low the attendance was compared too the A match a few weeks ago.

Very little passing again last night and it certainly was drawn out.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

can’t imagine there were too many P’boro supporters there. 

Just 35 miles along the A47 and no showground home meetings for weeks it possibly shows the current situation concerning Peterborough fans interest in attending any meetings these days. 

Think last night showed that many Peterborough fans have resigned themselves to the club folding and may as well stop going now and it soon becomes the norm not to miss it.

Was heat 15 a race of what you could of had against what you ended up with for Peterborough fans?

Edited by scoobydoo

Christ I'd never resign myself to closure, why don't they talk to the current management and see what the plan is?

Edited by Trees
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Very little passing again last night and it certainly was drawn out.

That's standard though at their place and you knew that before you ventured up the A47.

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

That's standard though at their place and you knew that before you ventured up the A47.

True

I ventured to KL for my annual meeting and as in previous visits Simon Lambert was very poor.It seems up to the first bend he is well placed but then he just seems to fade.A very cautious rider it seems to me.

Buster had another attack of CTD  ( Compulsive Tractor Disorder) Getting worse as he was going backwards for some of  the time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Buster had another attack of CTD  ( Compulsive Tractor Disorder) Getting worse as he was going backwards for some of  the time.

Counting the number of people on the terraces to make sure it tally’s with the takings.:rolleyes:

Ty Proctor to miss Leicester's match at Birmingham tomorrow, due (it says) to a back injury sustained riding for Peterborough at Kings Lynn yesterday.

Was there a crash, did he get withdrawn from the match?