British Speedway Forum
craigACE

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

Wolverhampton were on a roll until their last meeting. Their hopes of reaching the play-offs are over or are they ?. Max was in pain last night but carried on. What a Warrior. I reckon a 6 point win for the Aces.

56 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Fricke and NBJ both injured last night. 

Says on the Berwick thread that NBJ is a dislocated shoulder, so should just be a few weeks? 

39 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Says on the Berwick thread that NBJ is a dislocated shoulder, so should just be a few weeks? 

And we only have couple of weeks meetings left possibly.

Would Auty's average fit to replace NBJ?

I thought Morris was also involved in the same Berwick crash??

At least Fricke's Swedish meeting today has been postponed!!

Edited by Skidder1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought Morris was also involved in the same Berwick crash??

He was but he was up pretty straight away and walked back to the pits, both Berwick riders needed treatment after which Jye Etheridge was able to walk back to the pits. Sadly for Jacobsen he was taken from the track by ambulance with what seems to be a dislocated shoulder.

1 hour ago, coldace said:

Would Auty's average fit to replace NBJ?

No.

Looks like our best bet is Etheridge, if he is fit and available. Hopefully, Max will be ok to ride. If not, we could be in trouble with only Ipswich not racing. King could be an adequate replacement but he has had good and bad meetings at the NSS whereas a fit Fricke is virtually guaranteed to be unbeaten against Wolverhampton.

Edited by Aces51

4 hours ago, Rob B said:

Fricke and NBJ both injured last night. 

Jye Etheridge in for Jakobsen.  They already confirmed that earlier.

But with only Ipswich not riding, it's poor pickings for Fricke.  Choice of Bomber, King or Lawson.   Unless you go with R/R

7 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

Jye Etheridge in for Jakobsen.  They already confirmed that earlier.

But with only Ipswich not riding, it's poor pickings for Fricke.  Choice of Bomber, King or Lawson.   Unless you go with R/R

Chris Harris is guesting for Robert Lambert at Kings Lynn

R/R for Fricke would be risky I think as apart from Bjerre we are inconsistent. I'd go for King as he could get a couple of wins especially if he gates.

I'm making my first ever visit to Belle Vue -- I'm so pleased as the racing looks exciting as well as the track. Can anyone recommend a decent eating place near the stadium please (plain pub food type of thing)? Thanks in advance.

I presume as nothing said about Fricke that he is ok, unless making a later decision tomorrow. Would have to go with King though, can’t rely on R/R at number 1 with our middle order.

• Like 1