British Speedway Forum
craigACE

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

53 minutes ago, fliss44 said:

I'm making my first ever visit to Belle Vue -- I'm so pleased as the racing looks exciting as well as the track. Can anyone recommend a decent eating place near the stadium please (plain pub food type of thing)? Thanks in advance.

Not really any decent food pubs near the track, best can think of is The Windmill, couple of miles away but just off the motorway on the road in to track.

https://www.stonehouserestaurants.co.uk/nationalsearch/northwest/thewindmilldenton

4 hours ago, fliss44 said:

I'm making my first ever visit to Belle Vue -- I'm so pleased as the racing looks exciting as well as the track. Can anyone recommend a decent eating place near the stadium please (plain pub food type of thing)? Thanks in advance.

I thought the food just up the road was ok.When we were there last year for the play-offs we looked pretty much everywhere close,but was only fast-food.So we decided to go in i think it was a hotel on the corner just at the turn onto Kirkmanshulme lane(spelling).The food was ok don't think it was that expensive neither.A kind Belle Vue fan will be able to tell you the name of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I thought the food just up the road was ok.When we were there last year for the play-offs we looked pretty much everywhere close,but was only fast-food.So we decided to go in i think it was a hotel on the corner just at the turn onto Kirkmanshulme lane(spelling).The food was ok don't think it was that expensive neither.A kind Belle Vue fan will be able to tell you the name of it.

Diamond Lodge

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fliss44 said:

Many thanks

The Vale cottage is supposed to be ok but only does food 12.00am to 15.00pm  Mondays I think, its tucked away but about a 10-15 minute walk from the track, best to check their website.

10 hours ago, bringbackHalifax said:

R/R for Max v Wolves

Is it confirmed?

Cannot wait for tonight. COME ON ACES.

No official news yet about whether Fricke is riding.   They could be waiting to see how he is today before making a decision. R/r would make us much weaker and could even make Wolves favourites. Our team relies on a strong top two.

Golden opportunity for wolves if we are without Max. 

Who is available 

6 minutes ago, acef said:

Golden opportunity for wolves if we are without Max. 

Who is available 

King is the only realistic option. Ipswich are the only PL team not riding tonight.

Need to get on the phone then if max cant do it. Hes based in Suffolk Danny so has a trek on his hands.

Dont think RR will be any good with the state of our middle order.

It may be a case of if BV can't get anyone Max will try and ride? What's his injury? Is it rideable?