British Speedway Forum
craigACE

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

3 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Another ‘golden opportunity’ gifted for Wolves tonight. 

Anyone think we can get a result?

Steve, if the Somerset branch of the team is interested in having a go we might have a chance of a bonus point!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

If you have any aspiration to qualify then you simply have to take chances like this. We are without our number 1 who fully fit, would likely have gone through the card. You wont get a better chance.

Many variables but on paper at least, you should be winning this now.

And I expect you will do. BV just haven't had a settled team all season and injuries have effectively decimated this team. Both steve and dan haven't mentally recovered from last season and that has had a huge impact on our season.

16 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

With Max in the team we would probably lose by around 20 points going on our previous results there. So with r/r for him I can see us maybe sneaking a consolation point. Our best chance of winning is if the track gets a good soaking a couple of hours before the meeting

• Like 1

To a degree i am glad Max is out tonight. That crash was really bad. He was a mixture of brave and foolish carrying on. As for what is injury is, I suspect more than 1 and pain throughout his body. Any race he misses will be bad. My fave for the Aces.

I said few days ago Wolves have no chance against a fully fit Aces, then what happens we lose 2 to injury, 1 being our best rider by a mile.  No guest or r/r can make up for max around the NSS we are miles Weaker.  Tonight's result depends on Bewley and Worrall, 1 of them has to score big.  

Wolves should be right up for this now and I think they have a very good chance, their form at the NSS has to turn round sometime.

R/R will score half the amount Fricke would have scored, that’s about 6 or more points lost so 12 point difference on score. 

34 minutes ago, Rob B said:

R/R will score half the amount Fricke would have scored, that’s about 6 or more points lost so 12 point difference on score. 

Not sure about that Fricke hasn't going particularly well lately.

1 hour ago, acef said:

If you have any aspiration to qualify then you simply have to take chances like this. We are without our number 1 who fully fit, would likely have gone through the card. You wont get a better chance.

And I expect you will do. BV just haven't had a settled team all season and injuries have effectively decimated this team. Both steve and dan haven't mentally recovered from last season and that has had a huge impact on our season.

I’m not convinced we can take chances like this. We have failed at others places and we are abysmal at the NSS.

Besides the first month of year season and 2 weeks in Late July/August we have looked anything like a team capable of making the top 4.

Not one Wolf, Becker aside, has shown anything like true potential this year. If Douglas has a good one then maybe we might do better than most of us Wolves fans expect.

Im more than happy to be proved wrong of course.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

No. ;) I'm sure you will find a way to mess it up! Seriously if Wolves ride like they did at Swindon might sneak one. 

2 hours ago, acef said:

BV are not alone with injuries impacting their season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

BV are not alone with injuries impacting their season.

Yes. I am aware of that. Not really sure your need to highlight it.

17 minutes ago, acef said:

Yes. I am aware of that. Not really sure your need to highlight it.

Just giving balance to your statement about BV’s injuries impacting their season.   The same can be said for most of the teams in the league.

Could Wolves have any more luck, Fricke out, NBJ out and now Bjerre not here as stuck in traffic.

If Wolves don't win tonight at the NSS then they never will.  They should walk this.