British Speedway Forum
craigACE

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

50 minutes ago, acef said:

Paid 11 from Bewley and Worral and RR 4.

Bewley is a shadow of the rider from last season and needs to, as woffinden said, grow some backbone. Granted he had a bad smash but that is clearly in his head still. Cant gate either.

Steve is just terribly inconsistent and I'd hope he isn't offered a place next season.

Too much doubling up/down for me..

Interesting that Fricke and Bjerre earn their corn in the two toughest leagues and are head and shoulders ahead of their Aces team mates. .

No dropping down to earn a few quid for them if they have a bad night in the Prem..

British riders in general seem to stay in that 'comfort zone' for far too long and it inevitably then shows later in their careers which often stagnate after a promising start...

Dan and Steve are both returning this season from bad injuries last year, but in Poland both would have been binned this year if they had put in performances like they have for the Aces through the season, no 'understanding' would be shown by owners nor fans..

Holds too many back doubling up I reckon..

British riders need to face some of the real pressures the young Poles face as in the long run it will be far more beneficial..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Too much doubling up/down for me..

Interesting that Fricke and Bjerre earn their corn in the two toughest leagues..

No dropping down to earn a few quid for them if they have a bad night in the Prem..

British riders in general seem to stay in that 'comfort zone' for far too long and it inevitably then shows later in their careers which often stagnate after a promising start...

Dan and Steve are both returning this season from bad injuries last year, but in Poland both would have been binned this year if they had put in performances like they have for the Aces through the season, no 'understanding' would be shown by owners nor fans..

Holds too many back doubling up I reckon..

British riders need to face some of the real pressures the young Poles face as in the long run it will be far more beneficial..

Bewley doesn't double up, in fact I think that is part of the problem this year he's not had enough racing coming back from injury. He does ride in Poland and he was binned off for large portion of the season due to his scores there.

With Fricko out and Bjerre late not surprised Wolves won.

I have said before when Belle Vue were top they were in a vunerable position not many agreed with me at the time but just feel there are 4 stronger teams so the play offs could be tricky.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Bewley doesn't double up, in fact I think that is part of the problem this year he's not had enough racing coming back from injury. He does ride in Poland and he was binned off for large portion of the season due to his scores there.

Talking in general Rob..

Too much of a comfort zone for these lads is built by having the option to drop down..

Dan has left the second tier behind (or at least he should have), but no doubt next year his average will once again allow him to drop back down again and make him a desirable rider for some lower order team..

Woffy did it right by getting out,  no point being a big fish in a tiny pond as that isn't a truly reflection of where you are in the bigger picture, therefore these lads need to face proper pressure every week rather than riding in front of 1000 or so with no one too bothered who wins...

Riding under real pressure from fans and owners can only focus the mind more acutely..

I think some lads get far too much praise, far too early, without actually doing anything but beating mediocre domestic rivals, which can give a far too highly inflated reputation...

After four or five seasons of racing I would suggest you are not too far away from where your true level is so if your still doubling up, your probably not going to make it to the top level as you really should have moved on..

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Rob B said:

He doesnt need more racing because the issue is in his head. He isn't going to ride himself out of it. Woffinden was right. Its mental and frankly dan needs to grow a pair of balls. He has started to ride within himself and is timid on the track. I can see it and so can a multi world champion.

I appreciate he is coming back from big injuries but unfortunately this is a tough motorsport and the best way to recover is to attack it.

I was slandered on here earlier in the season for daring to suggest he needed a crash that would test his body, it would cope and he would be back where he needs to be mentally.

Hes always been fragile dan. From that first head injury up at Newcastle. 

Motorsport is a mans game and until he shakes this crash out of his psyche he is going to become a very average rider and that is what we are seeing right now. Cant gate. No track craft because he isn't in the right place mentally.

What he needs is a psychologist to help him overcome it, not more rides.

May be an unpopular opinion but that is the way I see it.

• Like 4

This result sure makes a massive difference to the fight for P/O places.  I cant imagine Wolves went with much optimism of getting any change from their trip, and BV no doubt thought another 3 points in the bag.  Just goes to show luck can play a pivotal roll .    When these points are added to their league totals, it will elevate Wolves  in their fight for those final 4 places...

No doubt  BV's next match with a full team, will be a totally different ball game...

Edited by g13webb

Surprised no one else has mentioned heat 4. Lemon does a reserve switch leaving no one to replace Bjerre when he doesn't make it to the tapes. Poor management imo.

Never the less, delighted with the win. We had to win there eventually, special mention for Kyle and Jacob who were superb.

Disappointing result but what do we expect with our key rider missing and riders still getting back from serious injuries and a rider unavoidably stuck in traffic? TBH we don’t seem to manage adversity very well. Touch and go now If we make the PO? 

Belle Vue head to Kings Lynn on Thursday, will Cooks appeal happen before then? If so then they could be without Lambert and Cook for this crunch meeting. All teams will be riding except Wolves so replacement options are limited

31 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Surprised no one else has mentioned heat 4. Lemon does a reserve switch leaving no one to replace Bjerre when he doesn't make it to the tapes. Poor management imo.

Never the less, delighted with the win. We had to win there eventually, special mention for Kyle and Jacob who were superb.

Lemon must be the worst manager in speedway history. What was he thinking doing that reserve switch rather than replacing Bjerre if Kenneth still wasn't there or was there but not ready???

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, krompa said:

Lemon must be the worst manager in speedway history. What was he thinking doing that reserve switch rather than replacing Bjerre if Kenneth still wasn't there or was there but not ready???

He said afterwards. If he would have replaced bjerre in that heat. And bjerre wouldn't have got to the tapes in time for heat 7 then bjerre would have been withdrawn from the meeting. So had to let bjerre miss the 2 mins to be on the safe side 

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He said afterwards. If he would have replaced bjerre in that heat. And bjerre wouldn't have got to the tapes in time for heat 7 then bjerre would have been withdrawn from the meeting. So had to let bjerre miss the 2 mins to be on the safe side 

But still you are allowed to replace rider who missed 2 minutes by reserve. Correct me if I'm wrong. If this is the case then let 2 mins pass, get Bjerre excluded and bring in reserve for him. 

Will this finally stop the crap from the certain Wolves fans who kept going on that they would never win at NSS because their riders aren’t light enough, engines not powerful enough, doesn’t take any skill to ride etc etc