British Speedway Forum
craigACE

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

10 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

He said afterwards. If he would have replaced bjerre in that heat. And bjerre wouldn't have got to the tapes in time for heat 7 then bjerre would have been withdrawn from the meeting. So had to let bjerre miss the 2 mins to be on the safe side 

Can you elaborate, I don't follow the point Lemmo is making here

11 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Can you elaborate, I don't follow the point Lemmo is making here

Neither do I. But that's what he said. Or something similar in the conference afterwards. It's over on belle vues facebook page. Have a listen 

Edited by Phil The Ace

14 minutes ago, krompa said:

But still you are allowed to replace rider who missed 2 minutes by reserve. Correct me if I'm wrong. If this is the case then let 2 mins pass, get Bjerre excluded and bring in reserve for him. 

Exactly. However. Putting lidsey of 1 and getting a win worked out well. As gate 1 had a massive advantage that early on

18 hours ago, SUPERACE said:

I said few days ago Wolves have no chance against a fully fit Aces, then what happens we lose 2 to injury, 1 being our best rider by a mile.  No guest or r/r can make up for max around the NSS we are miles Weaker.  Tonight's result depends on Bewley and Worrall, 1 of them has to score big.  

And unfortunately neither did, that and Bjerre turning up late effectively cost you the points.

50 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Will this finally stop the crap from the certain Wolves fans who kept going on that they would never win at NSS because their riders aren’t light enough, engines not powerful enough, doesn’t take any skill to ride etc etc 

We wouldn’t have won if Fricke was there, simples.

38 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

We wouldn’t have won if Fricke was there, simples.

You can't you wouldn't. Fricke hasn't been on fire lately.

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He got 9 in his previous meeting against Swindon and they have a better top 2!;) I think he would have got more than 4, although injuries are a part of the sport and with Bjerre stuck in traffic you have to take any 'good luck' (if you can call it that) you get. 

Just now, foreverblue said:

Even Fricke not on fire was unlikely to fail to get double figures, which was more than enough for a win.

However, no point in what might have been. The fans I spoke to before the meeting said a win was going to be difficult and that was before we knew that Bjerre was stuck in traffic. Wolves were determined to take advantage of the opportunity and fought hard for their win. We are still in the fight for the play offs but could now be a three way fight with Wolves and maybe King's Lynn.

I think KL have too much to do. Would be funny if KL made it and Cook got banned from the playoffs though! 

King's Lynn are strong at home and if Fricke is still unfit we shall struggle for a good guest again as only Wolves not riding. They are also good at the NSS so could pick up points when we race them on Monday. They are the outsiders of the three contenders for the 4th place but I wouldn't rule them out.

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think KL have too much to do. Would be funny if KL made it and Cook got banned from the playoffs though! 

Whoever gets through I want to see four full sides, not interested in guests and R/R. 

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Neither do I. But that's what he said. Or something similar in the conference afterwards. It's over on belle vues facebook page. Have a listen 

I've listened to it and Lemmo is wrong. Key point is he said Bjerre "might not be able to take his three programmes rides". This is not correct as Bjerre only needed to take three rides (before heat 15) and one of them could have been r/r in heat 10.

PS The Colts team management at Kent last night left something to be desired as well.

Edited by arnieg

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

Even Fricke not on fire was unlikely to fail to get double figures, which was more than enough for a win.

However, no point in what might have been. The fans I spoke to before the meeting said a win was going to be difficult and that was before we knew that Bjerre was stuck in traffic. Wolves were determined to take advantage of the opportunity and fought hard for their win. We are still in the fight for the play offs but could now be a three way fight with Wolves and maybe King's Lynn.

You never know how it affects the meeting as a whole though but you would think that a win would have been achieved if Fricke was there but it also showed up the weaknesses in your team if you can't cope at home without your top rider. Kings Lynn have used r/r for a while now without Lambert 

4 hours ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Cooks appeal will not be until at least November, Buster will not allow it. If guilty he will be banned for two weeks over Christmas.

I would bet that Cooks hearing will take place once Lambert is back

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

You never know how it affects the meeting as a whole though but you would think that a win would have been achieved if Fricke was there but it also showed up the weaknesses in your team if you can't cope at home without your top rider. Kings Lynn have used r/r for a while now without Lambert 

I don’t think you have to look too far past Worrall and especially Bewley riding way, way below what they have achieved in the past. 

• Like 1