British Speedway Forum
craigACE

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

7 hours ago, krompa said:

Lemon must be the worst manager in speedway history. What was he thinking doing that reserve switch rather than replacing Bjerre if Kenneth still wasn't there or was there but not ready???

I’m not a big fan of Lemon but that’s a bit harsh. He does make some amazing blunders since he was made bv manager and has defo cost the club serious number of points and league title. If bv are having a clear out of riders for next year, if there is a next year, imo they should also dump Lemon and get the Screenman in. Sure Joe would do it for the 40 grand Lemon is paid. 

22 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m not a big fan of Lemon but that’s a bit harsh. He does make some amazing blunders since he was made bv manager and has defo cost the club serious number of points and league title. If bv are having a clear out of riders for next year, if there is a next year, imo they should also dump Lemon and get the Screenman in. Sure Joe would do it for the 40 grand Lemon is paid. 

It seems he wanted Lidsey off gate 1 even if it meant only 3 riders in the heat. Forward thinking would have seen him choose to pick gates in heat 15 as they won the toss, unless at the toss he was expecting Bjerre to be there by heat 4. Only Lemon knows what his thinking was I guess

7 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You can't you wouldn't. Fricke hasn't been on fire lately.

Nonsense he was great v Swindon last week, r/r got 4, Fricke would of got double figures easily.

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Ok you have explained yourself. But the other poster saying Lemmo is the worst manager in Speedway history. Get a grip. That is why he is where he is ?. And his job with a National team too. Knows more about Speedway that us lot together. Anyway last night, What a disaster. Missing our best rider. And another one. The late arrival. Error after error on the night. Wolves had to win really. Now we really will have to watch it as far as the play-offs are concerned.

2 hours ago, craigACE said:

Ok you have explained yourself. But the other poster saying Lemmo is the worst manager in Speedway history. Get a grip. That is why he is where he is ?. And his job with a National team too. Knows more about Speedway that us lot together. Anyway last night, What a disaster. Missing our best rider. And another one. The late arrival. Error after error on the night. Wolves had to win really. Now we really will have to watch it as far as the play-offs are concerned.

Ok but what’s he achieved at BV and with Oz....zippo, he’s a loser. 

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Ok but what’s he achieved at BV and with Oz....zippo, he’s a loser. 

Very very harsh. I will try this way with you. Max will be your fave. Lemmo works with him in 2 roles. He must have something about him to have got into that position. As for achievements, If we do not make the 4 that will reflect bad on EVERYONE connected to BV. If we did make it can we actually demand we win when Poole look a bit too good right now. Nobody is a loser at BV. Maybe you do not like the fella in some other way, Personality ?. If that is not the case. Think about it and look at the 3 words i have started this post with.

Ps. If you feel i am talking rubbish i will not argue my point any further. You are a fellow fan after all.

10 hours ago, foreverblue said:

You never know how it affects the meeting as a whole though but you would think that a win would have been achieved if Fricke was there but it also showed up the weaknesses in your team if you can't cope at home without your top rider. Kings Lynn have used r/r for a while now without Lambert 

To be fair, FB,  I think there are very few teams that could cope with using R/R for their No 1. As for Belle Vue, Fricke rides, Belle Vue win.  Normal Wolves performances at the NSS can be best described using a 4 letter word. I'll leave you to work out what that is is.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

It seems he wanted Lidsey off gate 1 even if it meant only 3 riders in the heat. Forward thinking would have seen him choose to pick gates in heat 15 as they won the toss, unless at the toss he was expecting Bjerre to be there by heat 4. Only Lemon knows what his thinking was I guess

Interesting thought. I was a bit bemused at the time why BV didn't field both reserves in heat 4 but your logic is good. And, gate 3 was a graveyard early on. There was but a single point scored from there in the first 8 heats.

Generally speaking, I would always defer if I won the toss. The relative strength of each gate is too unpredictable at the start. Surely it is better to choose in heat 15 when you know if one pair of gates is statistically a better choice.

17 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

And unfortunately neither did, that and Bjerre turning up late effectively cost you the points.

Yep they did.  But Bjerre still scored well, Worrall and Bewley scores just not acceptable.

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

Interesting thought. I was a bit bemused at the time why BV didn't field both reserves in heat 4 but your logic is good. And, gate 3 was a graveyard early on. There was but a single point scored from there in the first 8 heats.

Generally speaking, I would always defer if I won the toss. The relative strength of each gate is too unpredictable at the start. Surely it is better to choose in heat 15 when you know if one pair of gates is statistically a better choice.

It's something I've always said.  I'd always choose heat 15 in a 1 off meeting , maybe that changes if it's 2 legged and you need a good start.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:11 PM, acef said:

Paid 11 from Bewley and Worral and RR 4.

Bewley is a shadow of the rider from last season and needs to, as woffinden said, grow some backbone. Granted he had a bad smash but that is clearly in his head still. Cant gate either.

Steve is just terribly inconsistent and I'd hope he isn't offered a place next season.

Strange one regarding Dan, he had some good rides in Poland for Rybnik on Sunday

7 hours ago, False dawn said:

Exactly, I always dread a last heat decider when the opposition have choice of gates

8 hours ago, Beowulf said:

To be fair, FB,  I think there are very few teams that could cope with using R/R for their No 1. As for Belle Vue, Fricke rides, Belle Vue win.  Normal Wolves performances at the NSS can be best described using a 4 letter word. I'll leave you to work out what that is is.

At home you should be able to cope,most teams would, it is just Belle Vue need Fricke because of the poor form of some of their lower riders. 

10 hours ago, craigACE said:

Very very harsh. I will try this way with you. Max will be your fave. Lemmo works with him in 2 roles. He must have something about him to have got into that position. As for achievements, If we do not make the 4 that will reflect bad on EVERYONE connected to BV. If we did make it can we actually demand we win when Poole look a bit too good right now. Nobody is a loser at BV. Maybe you do not like the fella in some other way, Personality ?. If that is not the case. Think about it and look at the 3 words i have started this post with.

Ps. If you feel i am talking rubbish i will not argue my point any further. You are a fellow fan after all.

CraigA, I don’t have anything personal about Lemmo, just stating facts and some facts are very very harsh and it is a fact Lemon has blundered a number of times and he’s won nothing substantial. We must try someone else and imo I think screeny would be perfect. 

• Like 1