British Speedway Forum
craigACE

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

At home you should be able to cope,most teams would, it is just Belle Vue need Fricke because of the poor form of some of their lower riders. 

Fricke has the highest home average in the league, 1.5 points higher than Lambert, which makes it more difficult to cover for his absence at home than it is for any other number 1. Yes, some of our riders are not in form but prior to the defeat to Wolves we were still good enough to be in a relatively safe position for the play offs. Just be grateful, if Worrall and Bewley were on form we would probably win the play offs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Fricke has the highest home average in the league, 1.5 points higher than Lambert, which makes it more difficult to cover for his absence at home than it is for any other number 1. Yes, some of our riders are not in form but prior to the defeat to Wolves we were still good enough to be in a relatively safe position for the play offs. Just be grateful, if Worrall and Bewley were on form we would probably win the play offs.

Yes true, it is understandable you have kept faith with Bewley but surprising  that you haven't dumped Worrall .

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true, it is understandable you have kept faith with Bewley but surprising  that you haven't dumped Worrall .

Steve Worrall 's average has risen slightly from his starting average but Poole have kept Richie and his average has dropped. 

People criticise Steve because they expected him to return to his pre injury form. I suspect that both have kept their team places because of the difficulty finding suitable alternatives or, in Steve's case,  the continuing hope that he would/ will get back to where he was pre injury. 

10 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

CraigA, I don’t have anything personal about Lemmo, just stating facts and some facts are very very harsh and it is a fact Lemon has blundered a number of times and he’s won nothing substantial. We must try someone else and imo I think screeny would be perfect. 

Screeny ?. Oh yes. Big hero of mine. Anyway, re Lemmo. I think you are talking rubbish tbh. But it is a forum. That will happen on here. Apart from that i actually think you post well. Sometimes i am not just reading opinions, I get informed. So no problems from me. I just want you to say Lemmo is the king if we win something come the end of the season.

I also think he is talking rubbish about Lemon but he seems to have a bee in his bonnet about him. I also had a high regard for Joe Screen as a rider but that doesn't necessarily translate into being a good team manager. Joe had a year at Sheffield as team manager. How did that go, didn't he decide he didn't want to continue? 

This year we signed Steve and Dan in the hope that both would overcome the affects of their injuries. Neither has progressed as we hoped but to me it was a risk worth taking. We would be much stronger if just one of them had done well. If both had not been signed and done well elsewhere fans would be criticising Lemon for letting them go. 

Unless one of them suddenly finds form we shan't win anything this year but I don't blame Lemon for that for the reasons explained above. When the team was originally announced I agreed with taking taking risks on Steve and Dan.  My reservation was about signing Wells. However,  looking at the riders available I doubt we would be in much of a different position now whoever we had signed on that average,  with the exception of Jensen, who nobody thought worth signing at that time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Steve Worrall 's average has risen slightly from his starting average but Poole have kept Richie and his average has dropped. 

People criticise Steve because they expected him to return to his pre injury form. I suspect that both have kept their team places because of the difficulty finding suitable alternatives or, in Steve's case,  the continuing hope that he would/ will get back to where he was pre injury. 

That is the problem with Richie there is no viable alternative 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, craigACE said:

Screeny ?. Oh yes. Big hero of mine. Anyway, re Lemmo. I think you are talking rubbish tbh. But it is a forum. That will happen on here. Apart from that i actually think you post well. Sometimes i am not just reading opinions, I get informed. So no problems from me. I just want you to say Lemmo is the king if we win something come the end of the season.

CraigA. Tbh i don’t have a problem with Lemon and I talk as I see it, not rubbish, he’s just not moved the team and club on, now that is a fact. Too many many bv people on here dancing round the problem and happy for mediocre results. We should be winners not struggling to make the PO and I were hopeful Lemmo was the answer but not now, he’s proved he’s a poor manager who doesn’t know what he’s doing BUT I will be the first to say ok well done king Lemmo if he wins the league but don’t hold your breath I’m not baking a humble pie just yet. 

• Like 1

A tad late in my reply but many thanks to Rob C for the recommendation of somewhere to eat by the track --- we had a lovely carvery meal. As for the Belle Vue track -- WOW and double WOW!! What a fantastic venue providing great racing and entertainment (including the handbags!!). I'm so envious of all you Belle Vue supporters that you have such a great track. I so miss my racing at Brandon and I was reminded of this when attending your great venue. Dare I say this would be an ideal track for a future G.P ?

• Like 2

I think it will get a GP in the future. Everybody knows/says it is the best track in the World. Hopefully Coventry will be back soon btw,

1 hour ago, craigACE said:

I think it will get a GP in the future. Everybody knows/says it is the best track in the World. Hopefully Coventry will be back soon btw,

No way stadiums way to small 

35 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

This conversation has been had on here multiple times already. In short, its can hold 10,000 the same or bigger then several GP current venues, it wouldn't replace Cardiff, it would be in addition to Cardiff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

No it's not that's a lazy comment.

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

The only way it gets a gp is when Cardiff don't want it anymore. 

That's also incorrect.  We could easily hold a European GP in Manchester and have the British GP in Cardiff no problem.