British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Newcastle 23/08/2019 League

30 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Not sure whose provided the BSPA site with the individual scores tonight on the Newcastle side but most of them are wrong Worrall, Ostergaard, Clegg and Phillips scores all wrong

That's true.. The refs scores correlated with mine, so not sure how the BSPA site have it wrong.. We had, Worrall 9+3 (6), Ostergaard 11+1 (5), Bjerre 5+1 (4), Wethers 4 (4), TJ 5, Clegg 3+1 (4), Phillips 1 (3)...

• Like 1

In the clubhouse last night , news that there’s a possible late signing for Scunny if some other team does a replacement .

Any idea who  please ?

15 minutes ago, LeapingLena said:

Hoping someone can help - did anyone who was at the meeting last night have the time for heat 13? Thanks.

Guest Loose Diamond
22 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

I expect a tight meeting even with Newcastle's "suspect" heat leaders not getting their expected big scores recently.

Steve scored well on Wednesday & TJ scored his usual points for Kings Lynn last night. Even Ully had a decent night having 3 wins in his first 3 rides.

Well Jorgensen scored his usual 5 points last night. He can only ride one track.. Kings Lynn. Scores 10's and 12's for them against better riders yet lower scores at Newcastle against more or less the same riders? He is rubbish.

25 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Well Jorgensen scored his usual 5 points last night. He can only ride one track.. Kings Lynn. Scores 10's and 12's for them against better riders yet lower scores at Newcastle against more or less the same riders? He is rubbish.

Bit harsh to say he is 'just rubbish', probably found his level in the PL. Be interesting to see where he goes for 2020.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Robinh88 said:

Bit harsh to say he is 'just rubbish', probably found his level in the PL. Be interesting to see where he goes for 2020.

Well I don't think it is 'Harsh' Just my opinion. You are lucky you don't have to watch  him at Newcastle!!

Guest Loose Diamond

Couldn't pass watts. Definitely not us!!

Guest Loose Diamond

Watta

Not sure if the posters on here, having a go at TJ, were actually at the meeting. Yes he should be scoring more as a heat leader but his score of 5 does not do him justice as he could easily have scored 8-10 being in the mix for all his races but the track was awesome for both teams attacking the multi lines available.

On the flip side to that, both Barker & Nielsen were in the mix & could/should have scored more with an unfortunate puncture robbing Nielsen of points. This, also, happened to Wethers in heat 14.

Overall, it was a tight meeting, as I expected, with the score line not doing justice to what was served up. Ully was superb for you guys.

14 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Not sure if the posters on here, having a go at TJ, were actually at the meeting. Yes he should be scoring more as a heat leader but his score of 5 does not do him justice as he could easily have scored 8-10 being in the mix for all his races but the track was awesome for both teams attacking the multi lines available.

On the flip side to that, both Barker & Nielsen were in the mix & could/should have scored more with an unfortunate puncture robbing Nielsen of points. This, also, happened to Wethers in heat 14.

Overall, it was a tight meeting, as I expected, with the score line not doing justice to what was served up. Ully was superb for you guys.

He did ride for Scunny he should know the track,he has been very mediocre for Diamonds this season whatever the reason.I certainly would not call a rubbish rider.

Also, a shout out to Rob Godfrey as that was the best prepared track I have seen this season with a bit more dirt on than earlier this year & the colour showing just how much moisture was in the track. But I still say it must be a bit of a nightmare because of the weather this year & forecasts. Getting onto the track 24/7 helps over other tracks that, it seems, have only hours to prepare a racing track.

5 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He did ride for Scunny he should know the track,he has been very mediocre for Diamonds this season whatever the reason.I certainly would not call a rubbish rider.

Josh Auty has ridden for Sheffield & Redcar before & his scores there, this year, have been poor.

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Also, a shout out to Rob Godfrey as that was the best prepared track I have seen this season with a bit more dirt on than earlier this year & the colour showing just how much moisture was in the track. But I still say it must be a bit of a nightmare because of the weather this year & forecasts. Getting onto the track 24/7 helps over other tracks that, it seems, have only hours to prepare a racing track.

Track prep in UK seems to be a hit or miss at most tracks, the weather tends to get the blame most of the time:rolleyes:

Just now, IronScorpion said:

Josh Auty has ridden for Sheffield & Redcar before & his scores there, this year, have been poor.

But we are not talking about Josh Auty.:blink: