British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scorpions v Newcastle 23/08/2019 League

49 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

You have to gate well at Lynn if you want to score well. Very little passing nowadays. 

Sounds like most of the other tracks in speedway then.

Edited by StevePark

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yet he doesn't seem able to gate at Newcastle, maybe he's beat before he rides ?

28 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Sounds like most of the other tracks in speedway then.

As I said in an earlier post Lynn has a unique, clay rich surface which makes overtaking very difficult and requires a particular bike set up as the starts are very grippy too. Since he joined Lynn a couple of years ago TJ has been good at home, the surface suits him and he is able to make good starts. 

The shale used is for the benefit of stock cars which now seems to be the primary sport at the stadium, speedway doesn’t bring in anywhere near as many people or as much revenue so has to play second fiddle. It could be a great racetrack again but only if the type of shale is changed. 

13 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Yep and rode raced, sand raced and trials too.

I'll have to look this new sport up ' rode raced' ?

not sure I know anyone who ' sand raced ' either although I know many who raced on sand or who took part in sand racing .

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 12:11 AM, Albert said:

That's true.. The refs scores correlated with mine, so not sure how the BSPA site have it wrong.. We had, Worrall 9+3 (6), Ostergaard 11+1 (5), Bjerre 5+1 (4), Wethers 4 (4), TJ 5, Clegg 3+1 (4), Phillips 1 (3)...

Exactly as Me and Stef's Mum had them too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

I'll have to look this new sport up ' rode raced' ?

not sure I know anyone who ' sand raced ' either although I know many who raced on sand or who took part in sand racing .

Yes predictive text is such a pitther. Past tense of race is raced-, too old now, but just content to ride my 1200cc superbike.

4 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Exactly as Me and Stef's Mum had them too

For people who don’t know who Stef’s mum is it’s mr Nielsen mum Fozzie getting excited being a friend of a speedway rider