British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Leicester v Cradley Aug 17 2019

6 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Exactly.   Nothing wrong with R/R for a genuine injury or a genuine missing rider.   Better than loads of guests....

...but how can it be legal to use R/R for a rider who had a 9 day concussion suspension, which ended  3 months ago?

If Ruddick is withholding his services, they should have had a facility for 28 days to allow them to make a new signing.

It smells as if Leicester are purposely not letting Ruddick ride because they can get more points from using a facility.    Anyone seen the supposed NL coordinator recently?

It's a pity they are doing this and being allowed to do it. In a development league how can rider replacement over such a prolonged period be in the best interests of the league? Leicester's going ahead and putting a team into the league has been beneficial and welcome, but it's disappointing they have continued with this arrangement for so long even if it is being done within the rules. It does tarnish an otherwise commendable venture.

8 hours ago, Big Al said:

It's a pity they are doing this and being allowed to do it. In a development league how can rider replacement over such a prolonged period be in the best interests of the league? Leicester's going ahead and putting a team into the league has been beneficial and welcome, but it's disappointing they have continued with this arrangement for so long even if it is being done within the rules. It does tarnish an otherwise commendable venture.

It certainly is a commendable venture and a worthwhile one. I have no axe to grind with Leicester in particular just the rules themselves. It seems to happen every season Rob Shuttleworth, Lee Payne, Sam Chapman, Callum Walker all riders off the top of my head that were out for prolonged period of time (in Shuttleworth's case forever has anyone actually seen him?) and RR used non stop in their place at the benefit to the home sides. How can and should it be a benefit in this league to have no rider filling a position.

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

It certainly is a commendable venture and a worthwhile one. I have no axe to grind with Leicester in particular just the rules themselves. It seems to happen every season Rob Shuttleworth, Lee Payne, Sam Chapman, Callum Walker all riders off the top of my head that were out for prolonged period of time (in Shuttleworth's case forever has anyone actually seen him?) and RR used non stop in their place at the benefit to the home sides. How can and should it be a benefit in this league to have no rider filling a position.

It is the medics who are keeping him out as he keeps getting dizzy spells. If he was to get one whilst riding, someone colud be seriously injured.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

It is the medics who are keeping him out as he keeps getting dizzy spells. If he was to get one whilst riding, someone colud be seriously injured.

No disagreements there. But if he is out long term which appears to be then he should be replaced in the side. RR is no good for the future of the sport

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I think it's too late to replace him now.

No, I am pretty sure injury replacements are still allowed, if a rider is signed off.

11 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Has Wallinger ever ridden for Leicester . be nice to let him get the full set, before he dissapears up his own arse ..:D

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

No, I am pretty sure injury replacements are still allowed, if a rider is signed off.

I was relying on the following regulation:-

16.3.3 No Team changes will be allowed after 28th August with the effective date being 31st August, except for riders returning to the Team after injury who must re-take their position, dictated by their MA with their replacement being released.

• Thanks 1

Have the Cubs had a sustainable crowd this year ?  will they be back next year , if not the national league will be in a desperate state ..