British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Col

Local derby. Brummies v Lions 21/08

Change to the Brummies line up tonight

Jordan Jenkins is taking a break from the sport & will not ride again this season confirmed on Kents site

Connor Coles steps in tonight

If I was coming from Leicester, I wouldn't touch the M6 between Juncts 5 - 7! It  can be a nightmare.

I'd get off at Junction 5 and take the Tyburn Rd to Witton....head for Witton Cemetery and your 5 mins away from there!

Park on Holford Drive (free) practically opposite the stadium. That's my opinion/advice!

2 minutes ago, Brummies_Ste said:

Change to the Brummies line up tonight

Jordan Jenkins is taking a break from the sport & will not ride again this season confirmed on Kents site

Connor Coles steps in tonight

JOKE! averages averages averages........!!!

• Confused 1

The manager will hopefully swap the reserves around tonight in certain races, so that Agertoft competes against a Leicester reserve in ALL of his rides!?

Coles will have no chance of beating either Leicester reserve, so stick him in all the hard races with nothing to lose!

If Mr Bump does decide to come from Leicester on the M6, he should leave at Junction 7 and head towards Birmingham City Centre on the A34. The stadium is on the left just a couple of miles from the junction. Stay on the A34 until you reach the big flyover, and be sure to keep to the left of it, and the carpark entrance is half way round the curve on the left hand side.

Don't go over the flyover - if you do you can't get off it until you are almost in Aston.

Hope you enjoy your visit.

3 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

The manager will hopefully swap the reserves around tonight in certain races, so that Agertoft competes against a Leicester reserve in ALL of his rides!?

Coles will have no chance of beating either Leicester reserve, so stick him in all the hard races with nothing to lose!

Coles has put in good scores everytime he’s guested in the championship this season? Better scores than Agertoft from what I’ve seen? Unless Coles is useless around PB?

For those at the meeting, West Bromwich Albion are at home to Reading. If you don't make a swift get away when the M5 merges with the M6 it's going to be horrific. I did mean to mention this before but I forgot.

If I've seen a more convincing away win in Speedway I'm not sure when.

5 home heat wins all night isn't good but only four visiting 0's on the scorecard tells the story.

Ellis was poor, easily passed by Nicholls when on a Tac Sub in heat 7 with a clever cut back, only one heat win is not good enough from a #1. Looked slow.

Aarnio & Castagna were OK, they got the only home heat advantages of the night. Aarnio did well to deny Nichols a maximum but the meeting was effectively over as a contest by then. Castagna is too nice & is infuriatingly obsessed with the curb. Should have been more ruthless down the back straight on a couple of occasions, particularly in heat 9 he had a huge lead over Douglas exiting turn 2.

Garrity was entertaining because he was having clutch issues & even when he didn't go off 15 metres was giving the other 3 a head start. Only beat the Lions reserves & Douglas but that took a wall of death style effort.

Agertoft won heat 2, then picked up a few points from the Lions reserves. All you can ask for from a reserve.

Coles proved to be a mobile chicane for a few laps in each of his rides.

Worrall gated & was fast 4 times, did nothing when he missed the gate.

The two Lions reserves, Perks & Nicholls all impressed. Douglas less so but still did as much as was required of him.

Gate 1 seemed a bit of a graveyard tonight, odd.

Having seen 3 of the 4 likely playoff contenders at Perry Barr this year, Leicester look the team to beat to me. 

Edited by Col

Fair assessment Col very disappointing from a Brummies perspective. Hope the good contingent of Leicester fans enjoyed it and had a safe journey home  . 

Many thanks to all the advice given to me about visiting the stadium. Enjoyed the evening. Great cut-back pass by Nicholls on Ellis in heat 6. Crazy brilliant outside pass by Garrity on Douglas in heat 13 was superb. Thought the track walk was a nice idea too. Is that a regular thing? Good turnout of Lions fans. Hope the remainder of the season brings you some better luck & better results

38 minutes ago, Mr Bump said:

Thought the track walk was a nice idea too. Is that a regular thing? Good turnout of Lions fans. Hope the remainder of the season brings you some better luck & better results

The track walk did not occur on my previous visits, the post interval centre green viewing heats 12-14 is regular.

Brummies only have fellow wooden spoon contenders Scunthorpe & Berwick left to ride at home. Unless they make changes they are likely to struggle to win both, not having Shanes at reserve is a massive loss to the current team.

Well done to Leicester they look a solid side!

Scott Nicholls is still one of the best English riders in the country imo.....

Obviously Leicester were far superior than us, but you definitely could see that they had something to race for, whereas we were just going through the motions!

Ellis was crap! 

Jason had bike troubles but still produced the most exciting passes of the night (along with Nicholls's move on Ellis)

Paco needs to try the outside and stop being too fair (as previously mentioned)

Arnio had his best meeting so far...great when he gates but crap when he doesn't!!

Agertoft is improving....did well to win Heat 2 (bike troubles after that by looks of it?)

Coles did well to keep up with their reserves considering his lack of meetings. He has potential.

As for the manager? sorry, but CLUELESS yet again imo.....I'm too frustrated to go in to it? but the Tac Sub was used at the wrong time in the wrong heat!

Not that it would've made much difference at any other time of the evening!

The track appeared a lot smoother but still something not quite right.....you certainly can't tell that we've had some new shale put on it?