British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

Kent v Belle Vue 19th

Just wondering who's riding for the Kings tonight. Is Jacob fit after yesterday's crash and is Rob ready to come back?

Edited by Old Crusader
  • Like 1

This should be a good one. Our Colts against my adopted 2nd team. Think the Colts are favourites. The meeting is at Central Park though. OC has got it the wrong way around.

1 hour ago, craigACE said:

This should be a good one. Our Colts against my adopted 2nd team. Think the Colts are favourites. The meeting is at Central Park though. OC has got it the wrong way around.

Thank you for pointing that out CAce.  May get more response now have corrected.

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

54 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

Thank you for pointing that out CAce.  May get more response now have corrected.

Team details now on Kent website. Looks tough for the Kings.

• Like 1

Was always going to be a tough ask for Kent as Belle Vue are in fine form and every rider has been delivering (the only rider suffering an off year isn't ravelling). Cannot see Bickley having a second bad meeting at Central Park and with Flint & Palin its probably the most powerful heat leader trio in the league, throw in the joker 2 pointer still at reserve. When fit Kent have the power at second string that would really swing the balance but with only Jenkins and the reserves able to take the RR rides that may swing the tie. Not much in this one so dodgy decision either way could swing it. Im going for a narrow away victory but far from certain about this one.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Was always going to be a tough ask for Kent as Belle Vue are in fine form and every rider has been delivering (the only rider suffering an off year isn't ravelling). Cannot see Bickley having a second bad meeting at Central Park and with Flint & Palin its probably the most powerful heat leader trio in the league, throw in the joker 2 pointer still at reserve. When fit Kent have the power at second string that would really swing the balance but with only Jenkins and the reserves able to take the RR rides that may swing the tie. Not much in this one so dodgy decision either way could swing it. Im going for a narrow away victory but far from certain about this one.

I see that Clouting is not riding now and in his place comes Chris Watts. Does that make things better or worse? Is he someone you have knowledge on S4S?

36 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

I see that Clouting is not riding now and in his place comes Chris Watts. Does that make things better or worse? Is he someone you have knowledge on S4S?

Well he failed to score on the handicap meeting at Smallbrook last week and he obviously started at the tapes in every race. 

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

Well he failed to score on the handicap meeting at Smallbrook last week and he obviously started at the tapes in every race. 

In that case I can see a Kent loss tonight for definite.

1 hour ago, Old Crusader said:

I saw him at Iwade last month, and he beat Jake Mulford so not completely hopeless. He is definitely improving this season and while I don't think he is ready for a regular NL team place I think the odd outing as an unattached 2 pointer is good for his career development.

• Like 1

If Mulford can stay upright early on, and his machinery is ok the he should be good for double figures from his 7 rides tbh.

If Mulford matches Baileys scoring, and The Jenkins/Gilkes partnership outscores the Palin/Phillips partnership then Kent can still do this.

11 minutes ago, teaboy279 said:

If Mulford can stay upright early on, and his machinery is ok the he should be good for double figures from his 7 rides tbh.

If Mulford matches Baileys scoring, and The Jenkins/Gilkes partnership outscores the Palin/Phillips partnership then Kent can still do this.

You never know this speedway after all anything can happen!

Good close meeting, thanks to Drew slipping off in heat 11to present them with a 5-1 which left them only two behind! Then Jake Mulford rode a really brave heat 12 to go round Jordan Palin down the back straight, and then keep it wound on round bends 3/4. They were level going down the home straight before he used the wider line to draw clear. This lad is a real find! He was delayed coming out for heat 11, apparently with bike issues, and came out on another, which was very slow - anyone know whether it was his second bike or borrowed? The fork covers sponsor I've seen on Tobias Musielak's bike. He was then back on his usual bike for his storming heat 12. For Belle Vue, Leon Flint was the pick of the bunch and looked very good, with a fine win from the back over Drew in heat 13. Much improved compared to his showing back in April, the little lads got a real racing style. And we at last got through a home meeting without any bad crashes and with all 6 standing at the finish!

• Like 1

Good close meeting with two evenly matched sides although the weather did its best to spoil things and did leave the track every one lined until the interval. Plenty on show from both sides top heat leaders who handled the conditions better. Mulford took a lot of rides and was rewarded with a fine win which was richly deserved, nice to see Woods back on track but expected a lot more from Bailey as a Championship rider to get only 4 points is a bit concerning.

16 hours ago, Old Crusader said:

He has been having a good MSDL season along with amateur stuff and has beaten Mulford as stated, O'Keefe, Laurence, Chattin etc who are all riders on the fringes but equally have never made it stick at NL level. He looked a little awkward / tentative in the early stages last night which caused the early falls and then night was over and completed laps hoping to pick up any gifted points. A lot of first time visitors struggle at Central Park hence the merry go round of guests although Jake Mulford along with others did not so shows what i know.

• Like 1