British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Old Crusader

Kent v Belle Vue 19th

47 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Good close meeting with two evenly matched sides although the weather did its best to spoil things and did leave the track every one lined until the interval. Plenty on show from both sides top heat leaders who handled the conditions better. Mulford took a lot of rides and was rewarded with a fine win which was richly deserved, nice to see Woods back on track but expected a lot more from Bailey as a Championship rider to get only 4 points is a bit concerning.

I thought the track held up well considering the late afternoon downpour. The racing definitely improved after the interval.

• Like 1

i agree with cityreb, Mulford was v brave in ht 12, my tractor would have beat the scrap Jenkins was limping round on last night,gilkes rode very well and just got pinched in to the bend in ht 15.

Kent with ablitt and ledwith back will win this league

46 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

i agree with cityreb, Mulford was v brave in ht 12, my tractor would have beat the scrap Jenkins was limping round on last night,gilkes rode very well and just got pinched in to the bend in ht 15.

Kent with ablitt and ledwith back will win this league

We have been told that Ablitt won't be riding again this season so more of Mulford who seems to fit the bill. Thank goodness Gilkes rose to the challenge and covered Jenkins performance last night. With Ledwith back and up to speed and if the rest of the team can stay free of injuries they have a good chance of winning the league

13 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

We have been told that Ablitt won't be riding again this season so more of Mulford who seems to fit the bill. Thank goodness Gilkes rose to the challenge and covered Jenkins performance last night. With Ledwith back and up to speed and if the rest of the team can stay free of injuries they have a good chance of winning the league

Kent look a very strong side when Ledwith returns. If the averages move Kemp back to number 1 that would be another boost and could mean that steady but not spectacular Jenkins could become the best number 2 in the league. Mulford looks certain to continue at reserve now as averages are in play. Clouting has been doing a job but is only injury cover so if Spooner can get fit i can't see any side with a more complete 1-7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Crusader said:

Shame if Ablitt will not ride again, he looked very good in those matches that I saw. But the Mulford boy looks even better. Spectacular in the extreme and was certainly

the reason for Kent's win over Belle Vue IMO. I am told he is very good on Grass which brings to mind the bad news I head this morning that James Shanes has had a very

bad Grass accident with some very serious injuries. Whatever our allegiances, everyone on this forum will wish him a full and speedy recovery.. That's for sure.

• Like 4

Must have been good stuff from the Kent Kings to win that last night. Big well done to all the lads.

Edited by craigACE

On 8/20/2019 at 7:53 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Good close meeting with two evenly matched sides although the weather did its best to spoil things and did leave the track every one lined until the interval. Plenty on show from both sides top heat leaders who handled the conditions better. Mulford took a lot of rides and was rewarded with a fine win which was richly deserved, nice to see Woods back on track but expected a lot more from Bailey as a Championship rider to get only 4 points is a bit concerning.

Bailey had his no1 bike taken of him by the machine examiner because he found a crack in the frame so struggled on his second bike. Hes alot better than his score suggested 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Bailey had his no1 bike taken of him by the machine examiner because he found a crack in the frame so struggled on his second bike. Hes alot better than his score suggested 

Examiners didn't notice it on IOW then ;)

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Examiners didn't notice it on IOW then ;)

cracks have to start somewhere . amybe the crack got started during the IOW match ?  It's not unusual for examiners to turn up with their jobsworth heads on , we once had a bike rejected at peterborough because there was no bolt  to stop the chain whipping if it broke ,  there was no bolt because the latest JHR frames at the time incorporated it into the rear loop B) ther next day as soon as we wheeled it in to Mildenhall the examiner went straight to it and said you can't use it ,  Then Tommy Nicholls (Scotts dad ) pointed out the error of his ways :D . machine examiners have no qualification whatsoever , at an MDL meeting at Scunny a bloke asked me how to adjust ther chain on his sons bike . 4 weeks later he was waltzing around the pits at my local track ,proudly displaying his machine examiners tags