British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
George Dodds

Berwick v Scunthorpe Championship Wednesday 21 August 7.30pm

2 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Home win for The Bandits. I'll be following this meeting on the updates site as due to work commitments I can't make it on a week night . 

good you wont be missed

Can any Bandit give local forecast  mid afternoon before I commit  to a 7 hour round  trip please.

7 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Can any Bandit give local forecast  mid afternoon before I commit  to a 7 hour round  trip please.

:t:

42 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Bright and sunny here at the moment. Met Office say sunny intervals for the rest of the day with a 5-10% chance of showers and 18c, falling to about 15c by tapes up. 60% chance of rain from 9pm, so the meeting should hopefully be moved along at a good pace.  

Edited by Shadders

Thanks, some conflicting weather forecasts on the net, but setting off 1.30 ish and will check in  on here again somewhere up the A1.

35 minutes ago, scunny1 said:

Thanks, some conflicting weather forecasts on the net, but setting off 1.30 ish and will check in  on here again somewhere up the A1.

bright and breezy, cloudy but it's been like that all day. Might be worth packing a hoody - Bandits ones are available at the track!! - because it's not an obviously summery day temperature-wise - even for Berwick

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Not a bandit but a Scunny fan living in Bandit country, weather is good now but small chance of showers later in the evening hopefully be good though!

2 minutes ago, beaky11 said:

Not a bandit but a Scunny fan living in Bandit country, weather is good now but small chance of showers later in the evening hopefully be good though!

No gloating Sean mind, if they turn us over :cheers:

• Haha 1

back to see the lads thenight for a easy night

9 minutes ago, screm said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819

Currently cloudy but dry.

Met office is a little more favourable. No rain until around 10pm

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcyt62suu#?nearestTo=Tweedmouth&date=2019-08-21

Edited by Shadders

Strange old meeting in front of a sparse crowd on a windy night. If Scunthorpe started as they finished they’d be going home with three points. Only 4 points from NBJ’s replacement rides was a poor return. 

Announced that 65 of the 120 “5-1” draw numbers have already been taken up after just a few days. 

Edited by Shadders

35 minutes ago, Shadders said:

Strange old meeting in front of a sparse crowd on a windy night. If Scunthorpe started as they finished they’d be going home with three points. Only 4 points from NBJ’s replacement rides was a poor return. 

20 points up after ten was job done , not using Kev or jye in last 2 rider replacement, sums it up nicely 

Another three points and a good win. The win was sealed in the first half of the meeting. Not much in the way of passing on a slick track, but Ben Barker and Simon Lambert provided good entertainment for the visitors. Dany Gapp looks back to good form for home meetings and all round the team look more consistent. Cracking move by Leon to win heat 12 and a special mention to the lightning quick reflexes of Simon Lambert in heat 14 which saved a potentially very nasty incident for the Captain.

Always going to be a smaller crowd for a midweek meeting with work commitments, probably why the club tries to avoid them if possible. Decent  take up for the new draw which should bring in some much needed funds.