British Speedway Forum
Crazy robin

Race for the top 4

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

The blank dates for the Pl play odds are under the fixtures for each month, thanks Skidder for pointing me in the right direction a couple of weeks ago!!

Cheers. I have seen the dates of 23/9 & 26/9 for Play Off 1 & 30/9 & 3/10 for Play Off 2 in the fixtures section. It is just that I have seen meetings for 16/9 & 17/9 & wondered if these were still within the cut off point. I know, from the results last night who the top 4 are so was just wondering when the final league positions are to be sorted by, to see who finishes top & has the choice.

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

It's always preferable, although those that made the trip to Wolverhampton certainly enjoyed it.

Yeah I was sulking after the first leg defeat so watched at home!!!

It is on the Glasgow v Berwick thread now quoting rule 18.1.8 19th in PL 15th in CL but posters saying that has now been extended to 19th also.

Why have rules!

Apparently dates and venues of semi finals are being announced today. I expect Ipswich and Wolves home legs in the first week, Swindon and Poole the second week

Swindon no chance of finishing top now so Wolves it will be in the semi. Winner of that wins the final. I was quite confident before last night but Becker and Douglas at reserve worries me now and think they might edge us over 2 legs. They will win both legs of the final against Poole.

2 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Swindon no chance of finishing top now so Wolves it will be in the semi. Winner of that wins the final. I was quite confident before last night but Becker and Douglas at reserve worries me now and think they might edge us over 2 legs. They will win both legs of the final against Poole.

I think we can edge it over two legs if we can keep it to a 6  point defeat away damage limitation.At the Abbey Thorssell, Howarth, Morris, Becker  all have to be on there A  game for them to beat us also the Robins have riders who can score well at Monmore a 50/50 tie in my book.

I think at this time of season you have to be ready to race against anyone. Suspect we (Wolves) may fancy Poole over Swindon in the semi but we will get who we get! 

Should be quite interesting to see how it pans out!

Edited by superguest

With Swindon so good at home you have to fancy them. Wolves the in form team. Would be a humdinger of a semi.Repeat of the 2009 and 2017 Grand Finals.

Edited by auntie doris

28 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think we can edge it over two legs if we can keep it to a 6  point defeat away damage limitation.At the Abbey Thorssell, Howarth, Morris, Becker  all have to be on there A  game for them to beat us also the Robins have riders who can score well at Monmore a 50/50 tie in my book.

I can't see us keeping it that close away TBH. Wolves the only team that will batter us at reserve now. 

Okay,,, can we play too, it might not be all about only you lot. 

With Niels now leading the team and how we have heard how Harris comes alive in the play offs, I think we can beat any of you over 2 legs. Allen back at reserve, Heeps back on top form. I don't think it's as clear cut as some of you think it is. 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, Gavan said:

Predicted 5th September was crunch night

Said both Wolves and Belle Vue were capable of getting all the points and they both almost did

Just glad that we didnt get the 'mauling' i thought we would

I said when Belle Vue were top they were in a false position and wouldn't make the play offs.

I think Poole should finish top, who they choose, not sure?

If Swindon finish top, I think they will choose Poole, financially a Poole Swindon match at Play Off or Final will be the Season’s biggest earner and Terry Russell is primarily a business man, and why risk either of that pairing getting beaten elsewhere?

In terms of Champions, I hope not, but feel Wolves are currently the team to beat.

Wolves v Swindon would pit the two in form teams and should give a nail biting final, but if Poole finish top, I think this will be the semi?

Time will tell, may the best team win.

Edited by 65Sarge

27 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I can't see us keeping it that close away TBH. Wolves the only team that will batter us at reserve now. 

We have scored 44 and 42 in two visits to Monmore this year and our form at home has been very good recently so it is all to play for.Warranted our top five will have to be on it but we are capable of a comfortable home win.Clutching at straws i know but i am hoping Douglas does not improve on his monmore form but yes there reserves look powerful and have a huge edge in that department.

11 minutes ago, 65Sarge said:

I think Poole should finish top, who they choose, not sure?

If Swindon finish top, I think they will choose Poole, financially a Poole Swindon match at Play Off or Final will be the Season’s biggest earner and Terry Russell is primarily a business man, and why risk either of that pairing getting beaten elsewhere?

In terms of Champions, I hope not, but feel Wolves are currently the team to beat.

Wolves v Swindon would pit the two in form teams and should give a nail biting final, but if Poole finish top, I think this will be the semi?

Time will tell, may the best team win.

I can see that if Swindon do finish top don't think they will though we could have two full houses for the semi final 

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Apparently dates and venues of semi finals are being announced today. I expect Ipswich and Wolves home legs in the first week, Swindon and Poole the second week

Oh well, never mind eh?!;)

• Haha 1