British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedway4ever

Redcar V Berwick 23/8

Thoroughly deserved point for Berwick - Summers was excellent alongside Covatti but solid points throughout the team.

Slightly disappointing performance from the Bears but a good hard fought win. Think the track caught us out a bit at the start of the meeting and not a huge amount of passing. Wright was superb and probably the difference between the sides, a couple of great tussles with Summers. Riss started well and important score again from Andersen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Unexpected point thought Garcia would have been in heat 14 instead of Flint

Based solely on the updates, Garcia hot and cold tonight, two heat wins and two lasts. Last in heat 12 when he was up against Nathan Greaves, who was also in 14. Close call. Hard to tell without actually seeing the races to fully judge what's going on. Don't think it mattered in the end, we got a point.  

16 minutes ago, topsoil said:

Based solely on the updates, Garcia hot and cold tonight, two heat wins and two lasts. Last in heat 12 when he was up against Nathan Greaves, who was also in 14. Close call. Hard to tell without actually seeing the races to fully judge what's going on. Don't think it mattered in the end, we got a point.  

Greaves had to work hard on an outside line to get the better of Flint in heat14 

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

don't want to be unkind but we're a 6 man team atm and that needs to change

It won't change, Bears have confirmed that Woolley will be in the team until the end of the season

Flinty earned his 4th ride. Some good racing, good getting chance seeing Wright ride STMP, spud worked hard and rode well to challenge him but Wright was just class 

First time I've said this about Redcar but disapointing meeting in terms of the quality of racing. Score line kept the match interesting but some of the home riders didn't look comfortable on an overwatered track and the Bandits made the best of their opportunities.

Not many races to shout about although Summers had his moments , Riss started well and Wright was a class above with Anderson and Flint impressing.

Too much tractor work ( trying to fix the track ) made the meeting drag a little and no second half racing due to an amateur meeting tomorrow with no ' Smoggy ' to keep us entertained..

Not the worst meeting ever but not as good as I'd hoped. Bandits deserved their point and the Bears will be happy with the win considering the low scores from three riders. Think they are safe for a play off place but may struggle against the more solid top 3 sides and with Wright having a GP appearance on his mind.

Great to see Workington fans in the ' hospitality suite ' by the start line . Not often I'm home before midnight for an away match but that's something to be thankful for I suppose.

1 hour ago, homer said:

Greaves had to work hard on an outside line to get the better of Flint in heat14 

Greaves makes so many daft mistakes. He has been doing it all season but seems to be getting worse. Really struggles to get around the 1st and 2nd bends especially. 

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

First time I've said this about Redcar but disapointing meeting in terms of the quality of racing. Score line kept the match interesting but some of the home riders didn't look comfortable on an overwatered track and the Bandits made the best of their opportunities.

Not many races to shout about although Summers had his moments , Riss started well and Wright was a class above with Anderson and Flint impressing.

Too much tractor work ( trying to fix the track ) made the meeting drag a little and no second half racing due to an amateur meeting tomorrow with no ' Smoggy ' to keep us entertained..

Not the worst meeting ever but not as good as I'd hoped. Bandits deserved their point and the Bears will be happy with the win considering the low scores from three riders. Think they are safe for a play off place but may struggle against the more solid top 3 sides and with Wright having a GP appearance on his mind.

Great to see Workington fans in the ' hospitality suite ' by the start line . Not often I'm home before midnight for an away match but that's something to be thankful for I suppose.

No more tractor work than normal. What was seen tonight is standard at Redcar.

Track grading normally takes place after Heats 4,7,10(interval) & 14, which is what happened tonight, so no different to normal. I think the trackman expected the track to dry a bit quicker than it did and got caught out a little with the amount of water put on the track, but these things happen occasionally. It's a fine balance between being too wet and too dry, when you trying to predict the rate at which it will dry out during the night after a warm sunny day with a mild breeze. Your trying to create a good racing surface, whilst at the same time trying to avoid it becoming a dust bowl, on the whole our trackman does a pretty good job most weeks.

As to it dragging out, All 15 heats were complete by 9.00pm, so not that much difference to any other week. I think you just missed "Smoggy"  not being there to distract you during the lulls in action (she is a tremendous asset to the club, the way she get's the kid's involve). 

• Haha 1

Very good and unexpected point for Berwick, as with last season Berwick seem to be coming with a late run but IMO will fall short of a play off place.

The Bandits well worth their point. Wright is riding superbly, as said elsewhere, possibly the best rider seen in a Bears race jacket.

Play-offs just about nailed on for the Bears.

Good close meeting, Greaves disappointing, Leon done well but would of had Coty out 100% in heat 14, thankfully it didn’t matter but we need to use a strong reserve when they’re winning races, Summers done well and good guest in Nico, Wright was different class, enjoyable night for me though.

4 hours ago, screm said:

Very good and unexpected point for Berwick, as with last season Berwick seem to be coming with a late run but IMO will fall short of a play off place.

A long way short.

10 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Greaves makes so many daft mistakes. He has been doing it all season but seems to be getting worse. Really struggles to get around the 1st and 2nd bends especially. 

must admit a few times i thought he was going to end up in the fence trying to get round the 1st/2nd bend

Not sure I understand all the comments regarding track grading these days. I worked for years at Cleveland Park as a track raker (remember them?) and also helped Tony Swales with track prep on a Thursday afternoon. 6 track rakers were on hand to pull back the shale from the outside of the track towards the centre and the tractor (with grader) would come out for 2 laps to distribute this after EVERY heat. No-one complained then.

Berwick were good value and deserved their point on a night where a few Bears were under par.

Loving Kasper Andersen!

• Like 1